Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

Aircraft File Substitutions? Voodoo Science

Guest 727Fan

Would anybody share with me the voodoo science of swapping aircraft files?My reason for asking is to try and tame the landing faults of some very nice, yet crash prone, Gmax AI aircraft. Gmax models like the TU-154 crash all the time on landing and disappear. Some of Mike Stone's really nice aircraft like the A320, B727, B757 can't land at some runways that should accomodate them. The L-1011 is a beast as AI.So I'd like to at least attempt to tinker with their files to better their AI behavior by substituting default or PAI aircraft files. But I know nothing of how this voodoo science is attempted. Where do I start and with what??????????????????Would anyone please help me get started.ThanksRick

The secret is to use a matched pair of aircraft.cfg and *.air file that works for you. Once you have a set then use them together for another like aircraft. Usually the most you will have to change are the contact points, so the aircraft is not buried in the mud or floating in the air.For the L1011, I recommend vvsl1011.zip, which I downloaded from Flightsim. This aero package is very good. The panel that comes with it is also very good.

Guest 727Fan

Thank You Sir!!!!!!!!!The file you downloaded from Flightsim isn't there. I tried to get it from your advice in another Forum. The search engine, which is usually very good, didn't find it. And I tried several different combinations, without luck. Would you care to send it to me?But the advice you gave me should start me.Thanks againRick

I just searched Flightsim and the file is there in its 5.8+MB size. I suggest you cut and paste the file name. Maybe you used a "one" for an "el" and vice versa. Try searching for V. Sokolov.