Sign in to follow this  

Would like to do review of FREWARE Avanti

Guest Shalomar

Donny AKA ShalomarFly 2 ROCKS!!!I downloaded the Avanti the day after the freeware version was released. I am interested in doing a review on it. NO ONE has flown it enough to do a review yet but I already have about four hour in type. I will probably be prepared to publish a review in one to two weeks. I don't mind not being the only one, if another is publishrd I will still continue. FS0 is not my primary sim, I just got it a few months ago. I didn't use FS9 very much UNTIL this plane was released. That gives you a clue as to my opinion of it. In case you haven't figured it out I do recomend this download. It DOES have a few bugs but I have already worked around all the ones I discovered so far, this is HIGHLY usable stuff. I will be honest about my qualifications- I am not a real world pilot or an expert on flight models. I do not own the payware Avanti but will make comparisons based on the published review of it. The freeware Avanti has FUNCTIONING Mach hold which will be VERY useful in next year's race. Autothrottle MUST be engaged to use it. The IAS hold does NOT seem to work which is the oposite of the payware version. Also the autopilot is useful in climbs and descents. Juast turn on the autopilot and select ALT, you will begin a climb or descent at 2900 FPM which can be adjusted using the vertical speed indicator. Just clicking on "vertical speed engage" does NOT work. Are you nterested in full review?

Donny, I'm the Editorial Assistant, the point of contact for reviews, contact me at robertw@avsim.com and we will discuss your submitting a review of this Freeware product. We are always enthusiastic about new review writers. I look forward to hearing from you.Robert WhitwellEditorial Assistant / Sr Staff ReviewerAvsim.com