Sign in to follow this  

Nvidia Geforce 4200 & Frame rates

Hi,I have just found out that the 4200 gives much better FPS when not used in full screen mode! Anyone know why?Keith

Keith,The reason is probably because many of the "advanced" settings for FS2002 are overridden by the video settings used for the desktop. This (probably) means no tri-linear filtering, no 4x FSAA, etc. So you get the "illusion" of faster frames because you're not getting the higher quality graphics settings.

no 4x FSAAIs that right? Just checking, I figured if I used rivatuner and selected "Force 4xs AA" that it would work weather in full screen or window mode?I'm asking not arguing by the way ;-) I'm really not sure on this.

Fred,I believe you are correct -- if you have your card set to force FSAA then that option will probably be true outside of the application you're running. If your options are set to "let application decide" then I'm pretty sure that you'll lose all those settings once you transition to windowed mode.