Sign in to follow this  
Guest Edam

This has to be a mistake!

I just went to the Flight One Software website to preview the new Meridian in developement and the price for the pre-order is (drum roll):Price in USD - $64.95!!!!!!!!!!!!!If that is correct, you can keep it! Way over priced (I don't care how many features it comes with it - unless it comes with FS2004 :))I hope that's a typo if not, mo' powa to ya Flight One! I ain't buying dat!Jason

I see 34.95 usd and the manuel is extra...........Have A Good Day !!!! Rex

Yeah I just noticed that too... A lot of money for just one plane, but more like the price of a sim! :)EDIT: In response to post #1.. Hopefully that manual is printed out and that they will ship it to you. Does anyone know if it's going to be? 30 Bucks for a manual better not be some .pdf files :)Jason

Guest RobK

Actualy it's $64.95 with the POH bundle but $34.95 without the POH.Rob

They JUST changed it. I swear it said 64.95!!! 34.95 is still too much for a GA aircraft. To each his own I say!Jason

Guest AV8RFOOL

Jason,The manual is the "real deal" and is the actual POH that Piper issues to its customers and is found in the cockpit of actual Meridian aircraft. You would need a weight and balance calculation to fly with it (Just Kidding). We were able to talk with Piper to secure these so we can make them available to those sim pilots who want them and to use as a tool for those real pilots that want the product as as a true "aircraft familiarization tool".There is quite a bit of information still to be unveiled about this product. We should have more information available as we get closer to the release.Jeff Smith --x-(:-cool)-x--Flight One Software

Sounds good! :) I just might have to get the whole package for Christmas this year hehe..Jason

That is certainly quite a price ........ ....... don't think I will be going there !!!

Guest SoarPics

I saw $34.95, but I'll hold off buying this one. I finally gave up trying to make the peace between my computer and the 421. They simply didn't like each other. The 421 is a great product, and I'm certain the Meridian will be too, but the price is a little much. I have many other GA payware aircraft, so I'll be busy flying them and some of the great freeware aircraft for some time to come.Thanks for your great efforts, Flight1. Maybe in the future.

Guest flightpro08

While I am typically very simpithetic towards payware companies and the way they price things (and I've always been a huge fan of Flight1), I have to say that $34.95 is just flat out way too much money for an add-on aircraft. Not sure where the extra $10 in price over most payware add-ons is coming from.Ryan-Flightpro08 :-cool VATSIM Pilot/ControllerZLA ARTCC Senior Controller (C-3)SAN TRACON Lead [link:www.taxiwaysigns.com|Taxiwaysigns.com] Scenery Designer-----------------------------My "Home Made" System Specs:Intel Pentium 4 2.2GHz ProcessorTurbo Gamer ATX Mid-Tower with 420W Power SupplyEPoX 4G4A Motherboard with Intel 845G ChipsetVisiontek XTASY GeForce4 128MB Ti4600 (Det 30.30 Drivers)512MB PC2100 DDR RAM40GB Matrox 7200RPM Hard DriveWindows XP Home Edition SP1*No CPU or GPU Overclocking*3dMark2001SE Score: 11298-----------------------------Click [link:ftp.avsim.com/library/esearch.php?DLID=&Name=&FileName=&Author=Ryan+Fretwell&CatID=Root]Here to Download my New American Eagle POSKY CRJ-200!

Guest sidewinder

what is so unique about this product ?

Guest AV8RFOOL

Another item I would like to add is about the Meridian price. The standard price is $34.95 and will include a manual just like all of our products. The $64.95 price is our bundle price has the authentic manual from Piper which bumps the cost up. This is not required to be purchased at all and is only for those who want it as I mentioned above.The cost of the manual cannot be controlled as we cannot control the pricing of it.I hope this gives an understanding on the difference between the two prices and what is included from the manual standpoint.Jeff Smith --x-(:-cool)-x--Flight One Software

Guest SoarPics

If it all pans out, the Meridian will be a very good procedural trainer. RW pilots should be able to use it as a viable (though non-sanctioned) training aid. That's why the POH is so important... and costs more money (rightfully so).

$65 is for the actual PIPER paper (not CD) manual for the Meridian. They (Flight1) claim that this product will be so sophisticated that you may want to buy a full-blown manual to operate it correctly. This is optional. But you should understand that documentation for a $1,800,000 plane tend to be expensive. For example a complete set of manuals for Raytheon Hawker 800XP business jet is over $2500.(OK, just found out based on Jeff Smith's post above that $65 gives you both - the paper manual + the software)Obviously a pending question is whether the fidelity of this simulation will be so high that it warrants purchase of real-life manual. $35 is for the Meridian with no Piper manual. This will (allegedly) contain manual (probably on CD) but will obviously not be as extensive as Piper's original.What is unique here ? I don't know if you saw the pics and read some claims by Reality-XP but apparently they developed groundbraking (revolutionary ?) new method to handle glass-cocpkit gauges (and analog too) that will give you silky-smooth performance with no jaggies. You better read the Reality-XP page to understand fully what they are talking about. But some who saw their demo in action claim it is difficult to fly anything else after you see the level of instrument fidelity on the Meridian. The sneak peak that Flight1 recently showed about Meridian (go to their forum) is mind boggling. Personally I have not seen any cockpit done with this level of fidelity. So, assuming that this indeed will work as advertised (I do not work for Flight1 nor I am their spokesperson) then $35 is a small price to pay. Again, you have to be pretty hard core simmer to appreciate (and care) that this is a new bread of fidelity they are talking about. If you are a 'collector' of aircraft this may certainly be an overkill. According to Jim Rhoads of Flight1 most members of this community do not realize yet what sort of novelty the Meridian is going to be.This is what I know based on info published on other forums, websites. Obviously I can't guarantee the final quality of this product. I am also in the fact finding mode at this point.Michael J.