Sign in to follow this  
scott967

Best Aircraft and Scenery for FS9

A recent post in the gen discussion forum on this topic (which comes up every so often) prompted my response, but I didn't post it there since it seemd kind of off-topic. So, I will put it here but I'm not looking for a response. It's more of a "FWIW" kind of thing submitted as an open letter:Q: Can someone advise the "best" or "must have" aircraft and/or scenery for world-wide coverage?A: Unfortunately, the AVSIM review sections are essentially defunct (at least IMHO). Steve "Bear" recently posted, and in the past he was probably the most prolific writer, but there just isn't much content these days, which no doubt promted your (and other's) posts.The brand X site does provide a little more in the way "pick of the month" but still is short of what I think you are asking for.I can understand why this is the case. It probably is in the "too hard" category to expect a site like this (or any other FS one for that matter) to do much more than publish announcements as things are released and let the fora decide internally what constitutes "must have". Opinions seem to devolve into flamewars requiring the mods to squelch discussions (I think this occurs because the hobby is small enough that developers and users get reputations and feel the need to defend or attack based on these reputations.)scott s..