Sign in to follow this  

Virtual Cockpit Questions

Ok first problem (pic attached), the textures do not show up in my default 747 virtual cockpit. Any idea why this is happening? All my other default V-Cockpits are fine.Also, I have downloaded some 3rd party 747's, is there anyway I can get a virtual cockpit to work with an add-on plane? They are using the regular 747 gagues so why not the virtual cockpit?Any help on both or either matter will be much appr.!

Hey Alstiff, a virtual cockpit is part of the model, not an add on like the panel folder. It is not interchangeble and has to be "built" with the model and is not that easy from what I understand, which is way some don't have them.The missing textures I don't know about, that is weird!Michaelhttp://www.geocities.com/res052cd/cmhbanner.gif

Best, Michael

KDFW

Go to your FS2002/aircraft/b747_400 directory. Make sure there's a file called "B747_400_C" in each texture directory. This file is the virtual cockpit texture. If it isn't there, it'll have to be reloaded from the CD by looking through one of the CAB files (I'm pretty sure it's aircraft.cab).Unfortunately, since the VC is coded into the model itself, it cannot be put into other aircraft.

Fixed! Thanks guys.I did read just now in a FAQ at another site about the virtual cockpits needing to be coded into the aircraft CFG file.

Guest 727Fan

With the VC properties question answered, the answer to your other question regarding missing cockpit textures is a problem I faced when I began using repaints of default aircraft.In many instances, the repaint download only contains a texture file.You have to add the rest. You can find the rest in the default texture file, as mentioned the C file. And don't stop there. The T file affects the aircraft's exterior. Copy over to the new T folder all of the files in the default texture folder except the T file. As said, these are the files for the cockpit, prop effects, decals, etc. The cockpit also uses the decal files, or D file.Hope this helpsRick

where is this FAQ i have the same problemsthx