Sign in to follow this  
vscimone

Just got my first credit card what planes to buy..

>You'd be well advised to NOT use your debit card for ANY >online purchases. Unlike a credit card, your bank will not >protect you if you debit card number is stolen and your >account is drained.not in every case. i have a debit card and someone used my number for about $200 and my bank refunded the money.

True - that is bank-dependant. I work for a local bank and we also afford the depositor with the same fraud protections against their debit card as one would have against a credit card.Originally, debit cards WERE tough to find without such protections, but now the reverse is true (at least in my dealings).But on to the meat of the topic:Before ANY planes, buy FS Navigator. It is useful in pretty much every MSFS situation you could find yourself in. As far as planes, I have mainly heavy airliner experience... And even though it's old, I would whole-heartedly recommend either the 767-PIC or the Dreamfleet 737. The 767 is very complex and considered the standard to which all addons are compared, and the 737 is a great plane for those who prefer shorter flights and a just slightly less complex experience. Both will give you new insights into how airline flights actually operate, from autopilots to maneuvering. Good luck in whatever plane you decide to buy!-GReg

Hi David,"a debit card will work just like a credit card but it won't let you overspend. Also, there is no interest. "True, I can't disagree there!I would add though- since this person is a newbie to charge cards- that in case of charge card fraud, with a debit card it's your money being stolen. With a credit card, it's the bank's. The bank is likely to support you and not go after the fraudulent payments, providing you go through the reporting process. But you'll never get to see your own money again unless you have some sort of insurance.I too have a debit card, just for the reasons you wrote about. But I'd never put it on the 'net, I use a limited credit card for that.Bruce.

If you can wait 2 months (or less) or buy more than one plane .. consider this project that promises to leave all the above in the dust .. Piper Meridian from Flight1/Relaity-XP. Michael J.

Guest SlimDady

Yep I did just that.. Tried it out..The VC could use some work.. Other then that its a very good planeIm also gona pick up the 421C goldern eagle and the Siai Marchetti SF260

I would add some caution to that debit card thing.First, very good to be extremely frugal with use of the credit card. Those things can be dangerous. (I learned that lesson the very hard way when I got out of college about 20 years ago now.) Pay it everymonth in full if you can. Use revolving credit for emergencies where possible.Debit cards directly hit your bank account so you're not playing withsomebody elses money, but they also do not have the credit fraud protection that credit cards have. Credit cards can indemnify youfor loss or theft. Debit card numbers allow the recipient to cleanout your bank account with very little you can do if they get into thehands of the wrong folks. Wise not to use them for internet purchases as a matter of habit, though the merchants so far mentioned here are mostly very trustworthy. Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

That is absolutely NOT true. A couple of years ago my Visa Debit card was hit. A few hours later I happened to get online and see that my bank balance had dropped by $500.00.I made a phone call to the bank and they immediately cancelled the card number and credited the account the amount lost. I lost nothing!Make sure that what you post is accurate.Rick

That's not just relevant to online purchases, but to ALL use of a debit card.The banks make no difference between use online or offline, and offline the chances of the number being stolen are that much higher.