Sign in to follow this  

When it

Hii everybodyI dont know if this item has been discussed before, but I

Guest Lindy

Yes it is pretty dark during nighttime flying in FS2K2. I don't want this to sound smart alecky or anything, but you COULD try adjusting the brightness on your monitor. Sometimes that helps more than you might think it would.Otherwise, I don't really know how to make such a change as you ask for. Perhaps there is a setting in the cfg file. Hopefully someone else will be able to give you more useful advice.Good luck-Lindy :-wave

Fly only, when it is really dark outside (for a Dane no problem during the upcoming season :-)) and switch off all light sources in your compouter room. This can be a bit hard using the keyboard, but it makes whole lot a differnce on what you see on the screen.Wolfgang

Theo,I had the opposite complaint a few months ago - night sky was too blue. Someone recommended turning down the brightness on my monitor. I thought it was kind of insulting at first but it did the trick! To be honest, unless you have a good moon out or there is snow on the ground, it is very dark flying at night for real. Somewhere here there is a post recounting my first real night flight. Very unsettling!David

Guest emergency_pants

You could aslo try changing the gamma settings for your graphics card. It's a better way to get lighter tones without getting the washed-out look that the brightness increase might give.Access it from your main graphics card/desktop settings.Cheers,Simon

David>>To be honest, unless you have a good moon out or there is snow on the ground, it is very dark flying at night for real.<

Guest jase439

You probably just need to adjust the gamma on your display. You can do this from your driver settings or dynamically using a tool like Powerstrip.J

Guest Dean

I posted about this a couple of days ago. You might try the suggestion I received about the changes to each A/C panel.cfg file. It did make a difference on taxiway lighting to some degree but the blue lights outlining the edges of the taxiways are still somewhat hard to see at night. I would have preferred green lights down the taxiway centerline but......The link: http://ftp.avsim.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboa...orum=DCForumID8

Theo, check out PowerStrip. You can find it with a Google search. It's a little program that works with all video cards, and allows you to assign hotkeys to increase Gamma, Contrast, Brightness, Volume, etc. in the game. I find this very useful for night flying. You can use it for free if you're willing to put up with a short delay before it loads. As far as I know, I think it's about US$35 to register.Come to think of it, there might be hotkey assignments for these parameters in other tweak apps like RivaTuner, etc., but I'm not sure about that.Good luck,Greghttp://www3.sympatico.ca/gregory.moffatt/Bell_Dusk.jpg

I feel just the opposite. The fs sky is too purple not really dark enough. I remember when flying at night time and looking out the window over the wing. I actually could not see the wing. Just the Nav Light at the end of the wing. And the sky...well it's not dark it's black. However when flying over cities well that's another story.

Thanmks guys for al the input and comments. I