Sign in to follow this  
Guest harvey crosby

broekn link (again)

Guest harvey crosby

I see the Carenado advert is back. It still doesn't work.

Actually, the link has never been broken and their site works fine. The issue is a DNS one. Some sights lost their DNS and are still trying to catch up with it. That ad and the link, works fine for me and most others.

Guest harvey crosby

Well it still doesn't work here, Tom."Some sights lost their DNS and are still trying to catch up with it."Can you explain what that means - do I have to change a setting or something? I have tried two different browsers and have tried typing in their address - it doesn't work.

That should have been "sites", not "sights"...Harvey, you need to call your ISP and ask them to check their Domain Name Server (DNS) update cycle. If you can find the IP (numeric) address of www.carenado.com, you can confirm that this is a DNS issue at your ISP. By entering the IP numeric address, as opposed to the www.carenado.com and you successfully connect, then you know for a fact that this is an ISP's DNS issue. As I said, and I just reconfirmed, the link from the skyscraper ad on our front page is working just fine.

Guest harvey crosby

Weird. Been using the web for 10 years and never encountered that before.WhoIs searches produce two domain servers for the shadowy "carenado.com". Attempts to find the IP addresses for these - and I have tried various routes - all generate errors. Clearly something wrong at their end, or they just don't want anyone knowing their business.