Sign in to follow this  
Guest emergency_pants

GA AI traffic

Guest emergency_pants

I would like to increase the number of GA aircraft in my FS world.I tried pasting the GENERAL AVIATION AI AIRCRAFT FLIGHTPLANS 1.1 byBen Laenen, but I got a shed load of duplicate flights... many of the planes I see had twins flying alongside!!!I don't really want to mess about too much (such as starting a new Flightplans.txt from scratch) ...just increase the GA a little, so that there's a bit more low level activity.Can anyone point me in the right direction? I'm somewhat new to the AI traffic malarky and don't know where to look, though I do grasp the process. I don't really have the spare time to create a load of my own... especially on a global scale.Am I right in thinking that the ProjectAI and other major sets are all for Commercial plans? Is there a conveinient way of removing duplicate flight plans? Is there payware for GA AI traffic? I don't mind paying.Any info would be appreciated.Cheers,Simon.

Your best bet is probably learn to use TTools, it really is easy once you figure it out. With everyones love of "heavies" it seems unlikely that anything for GA will be out soon (although PROJECT AI aircraft are getting smaller!). If you just want some GA flying around your your fav airport, email me and I'll walk ya thru adding some flights, very easy and very addictive once you do it! LOL. Make sure you have AFCAD and TTools d/l first, get the most current versions.regards, Michaelhttp://www.geocities.com/res052cd/cmhbanner.gif

Best, Michael

KDFW

Guest bones

Simon,Have a look to see if your ATC/Scenery folder contains a backup of the original traffic.bgl file. TTools does this automatically and you may be in luck.If you have the backup just delete the new traffic.bgl file and rename the backup. I have found backups called traffic_ORIGINAL.bbb and traffic.sik.

Guest emergency_pants

That's cool, bones. I had already backed-up my original traffic.bgl file and TTools created it's own backup, as you say.What I'd like to do is add Ben Laenen's additional flights and then find something that will remove the duplicate flights.Alternatively, could I remove the existing small GA flights using AIShuffler and then insert Ben Laenen's plans? But I think maybe I'd just end up with the same number of flights that I started with... I might be removing more than I need!Michael, Thanks for the kind offer. I'm sure it's a very addictive process... and no doubt that it's a very satisfying thing to do... I'd love to create a whole new set of interesting AI for my fave airports. But if I spent any more time tinkering, as well as doing some flying, I'd never see my girlfriend at all!! :) I already spend too long at the pc... and I went through a long stage where I tinkered more than I flew, which for me is the wrong priority. What I really want is to get the skies a bit more busy... there is still a very empty GA atmosphere in the skies where I fly, so I'd just like to get more of a 'feeling' of other planes buzzing about and enhance the atmosphere a bit.Anyway... I guess I should sit down and study my existing plans and then examine Ben Laenen's plans and see if there is an easy way to find and delete the duplicate flights. The problem is, although many flights are duplicated, the flight/tail numbers are all different!! Tricky.Any thoughts appreciated.Simon.p.s. Dick, thanks for your mail.

Simon Gday mate. I use TT companion and it removes any duplicate flights that you have. I have played around with Ai traffic for a while now and it is very time consuming hehehe. So far the only way that I know to add traffic to your fav area is probably what you doing now. Maybe soon someone will make a program that will do it automatically. Otherwise good old fashion finger arthritis is still the go. Have fun with it and hope you get some luck out of TT companion if you use it.cheersDave

Guest emergency_pants

Thanks Dave. I'll check out TT companion... that might just do the trick. Nice one.Ta very much,Simon.