Sign in to follow this  
Guest obk

Sound stutters

Guest obk

g'day all.I have come for some help , which has been bothering me for a very long time now and I just can't take it anymore!Basically, every now and then my sound decides to stutter, along with the comptuter. It only happens when a panel is in view, never in spot view for example.Most of the time it occurs when in site of cloud, or sometimes it just decides to do it!?I have tried deleting fs2002.cfg file, reducing/increasing graphics apeture, decreasing/increases sound accleration and quality but nothing is working?Any suggestions?

Guest jase439

It would help if you began by telling us all WHAT sound card you're using in addition to your operating environment, other hardware, and so forth....

hineed just a little more computer info..ie windows version also soundcard type and if you have latest drivers. best wishes steveall the techies on here will need more info about your computer

Guest obk

well its never happened before you see? so i dont see why it could be hardware related?

OBK do you use a Nvidia video card? I had this sound problem when i installed Nvidia's latest drivers... 40.41 i think... or something like that... when i uninstalled the drivers and went back to the older ones, my sound was fine again.

Guest obk

ahh! could be!Which drivers do you now use?

30.82 drivers.... I dunno know why the newst drivers screw up with FS sound, but going back to the older drivers ended this problem...

Guest obk

Whats the performance like related to the 40.41 drivers?

Graphically it was the exact same thing.... the 40.41 drivers come with some fancy (but useless) stuff, like turning your image upside down, zom in and zoom out and stuff. For FS2002, I didn't feel any difference. I'm keeping my 30.82 drivers untill Nvidia releases some kind of patch or new drivers to their chips.

Guest obk

Well then, I'll give it a try! Many thanks.

G'Day OBKI've just recently resolved the exact same problem you've been having by replacing my USB Microsoft mouse with a PS2 Microsoft mouse.... for some reason... my USB mouse was giving me sound stutter in Main Panel view only.... clicking on my mouse button would keep things going but very frustrating.... PS2 has solved the problem...Hope this helps...Herve Despres CYOWLove to Fly :-)

Guest obk

Very strange! Anyway, I go away with a few things to try! I'll report back:)Many thanks for all your help.