Sign in to follow this  

ActiveSky Metar Download Problem?

I don't think my ActiveSky is downloading correctly. I have FSUIPC 2.92, and ActiveSky1.4. I am online, starting a flight, clearing my weather, running ActiveSky, and it just makes my visibility 1/16mi no matter where I am, although it is definitely recognizing stations immediately. Could it be a problem in my FSUIPC.ini file? I tried to attach a jpeg, but I don't know if I did it right.

Guest ba747heavy

I had the same problem, it was my firewall blocking that app from accessing the internet.Clear skies

How do you lift a firewall? I've never messed with them before.Appreciate the responseTripp Ethridge

Hi,ActiveSky uses standard port 80 web requests to the NOAA. If you can browse the internet you should be able to use ActiveSky without problems. The NOAA info (to test if you can access) is at http://www.aviationweather.gov.You may also experience these problems if you (or NOAA) have a shaky internet connection. Given the unreliability of the internet, it is likely that there will be times when you won't get a response from the servers. ActiveSky will continue attempting to reload in this case.In the next version there will be offline runtime ability and logic to handle shabby internet connections. Stay tuned!-Damian

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Thanks again...It looks like problem solved by signing on to the Internet with a different provider other than America Online. I hate AOL anyway! Guess it was indeed a firewall thing with AOL, beats me..just glad it works now!Tripp

Guest ba747heavy

Damian --It didn't work with me until I told Norton Internet Securitys Firewall that AS 1.5 was an 'acceptable' app :-) I don't know why NIS would get so mad, but any app trying to connect outto the WWW(even those on accepted ports such as 80, 25, and programs like Opera and IE) I need to approve so the NIS knows to let them work.Clear skies, and thanks