Sign in to follow this  

Plane wants to go left!!!

Hi all, I'm having a problem with takeoffs and landings, my planes always want to go to the left, specially when I'm on the ground. I have autorudder selected and I'm using the "Sidewinder" joystick, anyone knows what's wrong?:-outta

Guest Twister

Hi,Propeller aircraft have a tendency to veer to the left due to a combination of several effects.The propeller's torque, the P-factor (assymetrical thrust), the propeller's slipstream on the plane's tail, all contribute to this tendency.The gyroscopic precession effect is also a contributing factor, especially for tail-draggers.This left-turning tendency is mostly felt when using a high-power setting combined with low speed and high angle of attack.So, to put it shortly: get yourself a pair of rudder pedals and depress the right pedal during the take-off roll and every time you open the throttle (especially when initiating a climb).CheersTwister

recent "stability issues" of my fs2002 installation led to the termination with extreme ... (deletion/renaming) of the fs2002.cfg file. fs2002 will create a new one if it's missing.after that all my jets tracked straight down the runway again. try it out!regards, andreas

I would also suggest installing FSUIPC and checking the null zones on your equipment. I have a set of USB Pro Pedals from CH products that are pretty squirly. I check the null zone and their operation before every flight. In particular, check to make sure that when your rudder control is at rest, that the numerical parameters lie within the null zone you have created. Also, make sure that the toe brakes are not set with too great a sensitivity. The brake axis on the pedals I have has a tendancy to activate during turns - and it takes a second or two for the brake effect to disapate once activated. You will know this if the brake box stutters on and off even if you are not putting using any brake. Good luck.

Guest SD Sim

Thanks for the link Alastair. I was flying the Dash 7 for several weeks without problem, when, after a rather extensive installation of scenery and .air files, I suddenly had the dreaded "left turn" phenomenon return. I use a CH yoke, so I'm not sure the tip will help. But it's easy enough to try. I'm also overdue for a rebuild of the FS2002.cfg file.

Don't know if this will help but I downloaded the Bulldog from PSS site and this was in the manual:"If you have problems with the aircraft pulling left, it's a problem in FS2002. Pull down the realism menu and adjust P_FACTOR almost full left."Worth a shot.

Actually, I picked up the Real Air FS260, and the documentation says that FS2002 has a bug in the way the P-Factor works. :-roll Basically, any setting off of full left (0)is 100%. I was having the same problem also. Shut down the P-Factor and everything is fine.