Sign in to follow this  

I Gather No PSS Dash 8 this........

I gather that PSS will not be able to meet the 4 week release time they suggested back on Sept. 28th(though it was not official) for the release of the Dash 8 as manuals have not shown up pre-relase for us to become familiar with the many features.To a degree I can understand delays however I dont like to be teased with AWESOME screenshots and a expected date of any sort...FSD does a great job with their new releases..they dont make dates or show many nice screens they just release it when it is done.Am I wrong????http://www.flightsimnetwork.com/dcforum/Us...9d503cc53ab.jpg

Seems there are only 4 possible courses a group can take:1) don't say anything until you release2) announce what you're going to do, but not when. Don't do anything else, maybe post some teasers.3) announce when you're planning to release (roughly), but don't give any previews etc.4) announce when you're planning to release (roughly) and give teasers.result:case 1) you get flamed for not saying what you're working on, proclaimed dead, etc.case 2) you get flamed for not giving a release datecase 3) you get flamed for not showing what you're working on, and not meeting the deadline (which people have forgotten is only a planned date)case 4) you get flamed for releasing late, for being PSS, for selling too expensive.In cases 3) and 4) there are then again 2 subscenarios with slight variations:3a),4b) you release on time but need to release a fix the next day3b),4b) you release when it's as bugfree as you can get it within your test environment, but you're a bit late because of itresult:a) you get flamed for not waiting with the release until it was free of bugs:( you get flamed for not releasing on the scheduled date.Seems to me that whatever you do you're gonna get flamed...Add to that that if you do 1) or 2) you're going to loose customers, and 3) and 4) are the only possible options for a commercial venture.4) makes better marketing sense (if the previews are good people will wait rather than getting something similar from a competitor) so that's the best alternative of a list of options none of which are nice.sub options a) and :(, well there's not much to choose is there?

Seems there are only 4 possible courses a group can take:Do our best to meet deadlines, and move them away when we feel it is better to get better results, and satisfied people.But I agree, its going slow..but not for long anymore :-)Johan[A HREF=http://www.phoenix-simulation.co.uk]Phoenix Simulation Software[/A]-----http://www.people.zeelandnet.nl/johdUnofficial PSS Website

Johan"Do our best to meet deadlines, and move them away when we feel it is better to get better results, and satisfied people"This philosophy has not worked for you in the past eg 777/747/A320 as there was plenty wrong with these products when they were released.Are you promising that it will be different this time with the Dash 8?I`m interested in this product but I may look at it at release +90 days so no big deal take your time.I will from past experience take mine as well.

better to get better results, and satisfied people"-This philosophy has not worked for you in the past eg 777/747/A320-as there was plenty wrong with these products when they were -released.Simply Because we were under increasing pressure to release release release .. And How many bugs can you count in FS2002 which took an awful lot longer and had 100 times more beta testers ??-Are you promising that it will be different this time with the Dash8?YES Definiteley ... How can I say this with confidence ??Because we WILL NOT be pressured into releasing it till WE ( and our beta test team) Think it's ready .. Now, Anyone want to point out what's wrong with this ?

Nothing at all.Better to delay and enhance than release early and be attacked by ##### for bugs.JS

Now, Anyone want to point out what's wrong with this Nope, ignore the whinners and do your work. They will go away ;-)

>>>>Wrong with what? That the Dash 8 will not be available this weekend? Or in not liking announcements? <<<http://www.flightsimnetwork.com/dcforum/Us...9d503cc53ab.jpg

Your entire first post:I gather that PSS will not be able to meet the 4 week release time they suggested back on Sept. 28th(though it was not official) for the release of the Dash 8 as manuals have not shown up pre-relase for us to become familiar with the many features.To a degree I can understand delays however I dont like to be teased with AWESOME screenshots and a expected date of any sort...FSD does a great job with their new releases..they dont make dates or show many nice screens they just release it when it is done.Am I wrong????and your last post:but alls I really wanted to achieve with my intial post was to seek a status of the manual and the modelI guess I don't see where you were asking the status??? Did I miss it? Looks like you were whining to me.

I'll tell you what's wrong with that. You're denying me the opportunity to shove my money down your throats *sniff* ;)

Fred said in another thread about the FSD Seneca.....>>>>If you are considering this plane, skip it! The Flight One 421 is 100 times better! This new Seneca is a joke! I'm sorry I payed for it. I knew it wasn't up to the performance standards considering it's genre, but it just will not fly properly. The visual model is severly lacking as well.SAVE YOUR MONEY!<<<<<<http://www.flightsimnetwork.com/dcforum/Us...9d503cc53ab.jpg

And also remember that you can't find everything in testing unless you take infinite time and test on an infinite number of differently configured machines.For me nothing that was wrong with the 777 or A320 was a showstopper (didn't get the 747 until recently, so I can't tell how that one was upon release).Some rough edges? Sure.Things don't work as advertised that I could find? Maybe some small details.Things so badly wrong that it made the product useless? Certainly not.People need to learn to understand that you can't test for every possible hardware/software combination that might exist during the life of the product. Not only is it impossible to have all the possible combinations upon release that might give problems available during testing (those run in the tens of millions after all) but new combinations will emerge after testing is over that might or might not cause problems.