Sign in to follow this  

POLL: What is your FS home airport?

What is your FS home airport and is that the part of the world you actually live in?My home airport is KBFI, Boeing Field in Seattle, WA USA. I actually live in Minneapolis, but for some reason, since FS98 I've been using KBFI for all test flights and as such it has become my home base.

Ithaca, NY. I actually live about 1/4 mile from it and belong to the flying club there.David

RichKBFI. I worked there for the better part of 30 years and only live a few miles away.Tom

Buffalo Niagara International (KBUF)International because you could fly a paper airplane to Canada from here if the wind was right! :-lol I live next to the main runway and love to sit on my porch and watch the planes come in (or go depending on the wind).

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Guest RiddlePilot

Hmmm, am I allowed to have more than one? The airport closest to my real house is W75 (Hummel Field, Topping VA) I took lessons out of there for a while, then moved to PHF (Newport News/Williamsburg Intl.)...theres 2. NOW, I'm flying with school at Daytona Beach Intl...3. Oh yeah, there's my VA hub in Miami...4.

Guest Heather 636

FS Home Base: KCLM (Port Angeles, Washington)Home Base: KHRO (Boone County Regional, Harrison, Arkansas)Have been looking real hard at property in the Port Angeles area. Hope to soon (within next year or so) make that THE home base.Cheers!Heather

I live about 7 miles along the coast from Manston/EGMH (formerly RAF Manston). It's got quite a history attached to it - used as a forward airfield by Fighter Command during the Battle of Britain, and then used as a staging post for fighter bomber sweeps over occupied Europe (mainly by Typhoons). Post war it was used very frequently by US military aircraft, and was also earmarked as a dispersal airfield for the RAF's V-Bombers. Since the end of the Cold War it's emerged that Manston was very high on the Soviet's nuclear target list because it has such a large runway.I normally had my FS home airport set to EGMH, but recently I've moved to Innsbruck (LOWI). I really like the scenery around the airport, and the approach is an interesting one too :-)

Guest Lobaeux4

Real life, Adams Field Little Rock Arkansaw, FS home field, EGLL Heathrow.Lobaeux

Hi,Mine is Redhill, in the UK. Its a grass strip, several runways 26L &R & 08L & R plus 01 & 19. Its close to London and actually sits within the Gatwick zone. I actually fly from there for real so know the area well. Our scenery is not very good, but if anyone wants to try a flight let me know and I will send some realistic routes to local fields.Keithxgh23@dial.pipex.com