Sign in to follow this  

POLL: What is your FS home airport?

>I usually fly out of PHL in FS but my real world airport I >fly out of is N99 Brandywine Airport in Chester County to >the West of Philadelphia.That's really funny. My FS airport for GA props (and the destination for today's flight... the final leg of my RTW) is N99, as that's about a ten minute zip down 202 from my home in Frazer.I have two bases for other aircraft. KPHL in the US and LBSF (Sofia, Bulgaria) in Europe.

Guest tallpilot

KHII (Lake Havasu City, Arizona) Real and FS home airport.For those of you simmers from the UK, we have your old London Bridge here and are taking care of it for you. :-)Ed Weber a.k.a tallpilot

FS and real: KHEF Greetings from Manassas, VA(near Dulles)

Real = FS = KDEN (Denver, CO). I'm about 30 miles to the NW.I actually fly out of KBJC (Jeffco), a Class D airport about 10 miles from me.Bruce.

My FS Home Base is KVNY, Van Nuys Calif. I live in the Santa Clarita Valley.Thanks for asking!Paul

I live in Arlington, VA between KIAD and KDCA. I can see the airliners taking off to the north from DCA from my computer room window. It's fascinating to see the window lights as they angle up into the sky at night. Leesburg is the closest GA airport to me, but I do not like taking off into IAD's ILS approach.My FS home airport varies with mood, but I make most of my flight tests from Parks Airport in MD, near Nanjemoy Creek, across the river from Quantico. In real life it's a private airstrip, but nice enough that I use it frequently. I try to keep out of the DC TRACON area and into smaller airports on the Eastern Shore. Tend to stay closer to Baltimore, Phil, into NJ and Delaware. KTGI was favorite home for a while. KWWD often for testing. KOXB for fun. KMTN, KILG, KSBY, KCGE, KESN usual suspects. I like Melfa, VA and down south along Cape Charles to ORF also (have frequented Hummel).Steve

Guest nutmeat

Hi from the Great Basin mountain west-Nevada, USA!KRNO-(Alt 4412 feet) Reno/Lake Tahoe International is home airport and I live within the Reno city limits. I often listen in to the actual tower and approach control, especially in windy/stormy winter weather. I also use 4SD, Stead (home of the Reno Air Races) as it is an uncontrolled field great for touch and go's and practicing high altitude, mountain approaches; no ILS there, tho:-(Retired Jet Combat Pilot/Air Traffic Controller/Software DeveloperLarry S.PS-Great Question!

I live in the Chicago area, just a few miles from KPWK. I'm currently at college, though, in Cambridge, MA, which places me about halfway between KBED and KBOS.As for my FS home airport, I start from KORD.:-outta

Guest gremel

KGSP (Greenville-Spartanburg) South Carolina

C08 - Silver West,- Westcliffe, CO. actually there two small western hicktowns Silver Cliff and Westcliffe back to back - hence the a/p name although it is in Westcliffe - also its all in Custer County - the real a/p has more buildings and i think a hanger?? not sure its about 12 miles out of town and i havent been there in a while. if you take off and fly... uhhh..north i think follow the road its suppose to be route 69 and it will T with 96 and you will see a little autogen town thats me/us they dont quite have it correct but you get the idea - out in no mans land the Sangre De Cristo mountain range will be on the west side and Wet moutains on the east. were in the valley - closest major a/p would be KCOS, KPUB, KDENciao!Brian S

Ciao!

Hi Good Review:My MSFS home airport is Denver International Airport (KDEN) which everone here in the Rocky Mountain area call DIA.I live in a suburb of Denver, Colorado about 20 miles west of the airport, but right under the approach patterns for DIA's east/west runways.CheersBob JohnsonKDEN

Guest DannyV

FS -> YPAD (Adelaide Intl - Australia)RW -> YPED (Edinburgh - Australia)Cheers,Danny :-wave

EGNX/EMA East MidlandsIt is about 8 miles away and I can see aircraft landing and takingoff from my window in my computer room. I also work and fly fromthere.Greetings from the heart of England!! :-waveRoss Nottingham, England