Sign in to follow this  

POLL: What is your FS home airport?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I live in Arlington, VA between KIAD and KDCA. I can see the airliners taking off to the north from DCA from my computer room window. It's fascinating to see the window lights as they angle up into the sky at night. Leesburg is the closest GA airport to me, but I do not like taking off into IAD's ILS approach.My FS home airport varies with mood, but I make most of my flight tests from Parks Airport in MD, near Nanjemoy Creek, across the river from Quantico. In real life it's a private airstrip, but nice enough that I use it frequently. I try to keep out of the DC TRACON area and into smaller airports on the Eastern Shore. Tend to stay closer to Baltimore, Phil, into NJ and Delaware. KTGI was favorite home for a while. KWWD often for testing. KOXB for fun. KMTN, KILG, KSBY, KCGE, KESN usual suspects. I like Melfa, VA and down south along Cape Charles to ORF also (have frequented Hummel).Steve

Hi from the Great Basin mountain west-Nevada, USA!KRNO-(Alt 4412 feet) Reno/Lake Tahoe International is home airport and I live within the Reno city limits. I often listen in to the actual tower and approach control, especially in windy/stormy winter weather. I also use 4SD, Stead (home of the Reno Air Races) as it is an uncontrolled field great for touch and go's and practicing high altitude, mountain approaches; no ILS there, tho:-(Retired Jet Combat Pilot/Air Traffic Controller/Software DeveloperLarry S.PS-Great Question!

I live in the Chicago area, just a few miles from KPWK. I'm currently at college, though, in Cambridge, MA, which places me about halfway between KBED and KBOS.As for my FS home airport, I start from KORD.:-outta

C08 - Silver West,- Westcliffe, CO. actually there two small western hicktowns Silver Cliff and Westcliffe back to back - hence the a/p name although it is in Westcliffe - also its all in Custer County - the real a/p has more buildings and i think a hanger?? not sure its about 12 miles out of town and i havent been there in a while. if you take off and fly... uhhh..north i think follow the road its suppose to be route 69 and it will T with 96 and you will see a little autogen town thats me/us they dont quite have it correct but you get the idea - out in no mans land the Sangre De Cristo mountain range will be on the west side and Wet moutains on the east. were in the valley - closest major a/p would be KCOS, KPUB, KDENciao!Brian S

Hi Good Review:My MSFS home airport is Denver International Airport (KDEN) which everone here in the Rocky Mountain area call DIA.I live in a suburb of Denver, Colorado about 20 miles west of the airport, but right under the approach patterns for DIA's east/west runways.CheersBob JohnsonKDEN

FS -> YPAD (Adelaide Intl - Australia)RW -> YPED (Edinburgh - Australia)Cheers,Danny :-wave

EGNX/EMA East MidlandsIt is about 8 miles away and I can see aircraft landing and takingoff from my window in my computer room. I also work and fly fromthere.Greetings from the heart of England!! :-waveRoss Nottingham, England

Based in Lakeland, Florida (KLAL). My hangar is even in the sim database - 'As Real as it Gets'.Leon

Thanks everyone for responding to this poll!!!!!!!!!!! It's really interesting to see the variety of places that we come from around the world in real life and it's interesting to see where we come from in the FS world!!!!!!!!!!!

FS Home: KBOSAs a Navy Pilot I kinda wish I had one home, but so far its been Whiting Field Milton FL, NAS Corpus Christi TX, NAS Moffett Field CA, NAS Barbers Point HI, NAS Keflavik IC, NAS Jacksonville FL, then back to Hawaii and MCAS Kaneohe Bay.It's more of a moving target than a home, but it's a living!Rick

Well, Live here and there's only one airport here. MYNN.Although I do fly out of KMIA and KFLL alot. I mix it up though!! http://www.forefrontgrp.com/jayssig.jpg"There is an art . . . to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss!"

Here's another one Bjorn,Flying out of ESMH - 20 km north of Helsingborg along the coast.Made one of my nav training flights to ESGP S

Hello,FS Home: OIII (Mehrabad, Tehran), cuz I've done alot to add character to it :)Real Home: EGLL (Heathrow, London) Cuz its just amazing.RegardsBoback.

Well I have 2 main home airports. One for props, the other is for jets.KMGC - Michigan City, IN - I live 1 mile away from this airport. Its about the same length as Meigs but a lot narrower. Nice place to test props and other light aircraft.KSBN - South Bend, IN - This airport is around 20-30 miles away from my home town of Michigan City. This is the place where I normally fly jets or bigger aircraft from.Occasionally I gotta use a bigger airport (Indy, or Grissom ARB) for some other planes, but that dont happen often since I normally fly smaller stuff.