Sign in to follow this  

POLL: What is your FS home airport?

I was born and grew up near MMCG (Nuevo Casas Grandes, Chihuahua, Mexico)I currently live near KONT (Ontario, California) ... in fact I work almost directly below the final approaches for runways 26L and 26R. I get to see planes landing every day going to and coming from work :)I also sim around KPHX (Phoenix) and KTUS (Tucson) a lot since I lived in Arizona for a number of years.http://www.jktaylor.com/flightsim/jkvato1.jpg

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Well, my start-up flight is at KPDX, and since I typically fly jets this works. In the real world, I taught for a number of years at KTTD (Troutdale, OR) so if there is any place that is "home" it would probably be there.

FS-----> PAKT...Ketchikan, AK :-yellow1 RW-----> KLMT...Klamath Falls, OR :-sun1

I live in Milan but my home airport is LIME - Orio al Serio - Bergamo, 70 km from Milan.

Home airport is KRIC - Richmond, Virginia where the "South Begins".GLB@KRIC

EGKH - Headcorn (Lashenden) in Kent when in UKKCDW - Caldwell (Essex County) in New Jersey when in USFor FS and for real.

FS Home Base + Real World Local Airport: OEJN (King Abdulaziz International Airport, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia). One of the two busiest airports in the Middle East, rivaled only by Dubai, this is my home city's airport which has become my Home Base in FS ever since it first appeared as a default airport in FS2000! :7 It's also my Home Base because I fly for Saudi Arabian Virtual Airlines!! :DCheers,

Well I have two that I fly in and out of in FS so...FS - KATL and KBWIReal - KFLL

I have my home port set up at the Avsim Base in Alaska. I live on the East Coast! -Lindy :-wave

LPPT-->(Lisbon, Portugal) Real LPPT-->FS I live between the OM and the airport ;)

I live closest to KHIO-Portland-Hillsboro airport and fly out of there in real life as well as FS2002.

FS & real is KBFI. My house is close enough to tune in ATIS. In FS I can afford to fly more distant cross countries, though ;-).

hi there.ehlw leeuwarden air force base = RW airport,live app. 1 mile away,glad they stopped flyin' them jets on all days except monday and thursday,cos they fly right over my house @ 200 ft.... :-cool ,ehgg is my fs homebase,no ils or other fancy stuff,but that's 20 miles away,and you can fly heavies and ga there..cheersTom van der Elst

Favorite real and FS is CYUL, Dorval, Montreal Quebec. Canada.Cause I live here and the add on airport looks amazing.Second and third place are Boston KBOS because I flew there once and we came over the water. Coolest thing I have ever seen. And the other is Seattle because it's so beautifull done there in FS land it's amazing.RonCVA1701

KASG-Springdale, Arkansas. Located in the extreme Northwestern corner of Arkansas. 5000' runway running 183 degrees, 1353' elevation. ILS and VOR approaches. On the edges of Memphis and Kansas City sectionals. Towered and operates under "Razorback" approach control and Memphis Center. Overall an excellent GA airport serving Drake Aviation flight school and executive jet aircraft. Has a superb "$100 Hamburger" restaurant located on the second floor of the small terminal building. Bob:-wave

Real Airport: Key West (KEYW)Virtual Airport: Key West (KEYW)Regards,HarryKey West, FLCapital of the Conch Republic -- We Seceded Where Others Failed!

Both real and FS home base is KFAT (Fresno Int'l) I just about always fly from there cuz FS crashes before I get to my destination... lol

EDDF. I'm livin' just east of runway 25L's threshold. For the VFR flights I also like EDFE just south of Frankfurt. I only hate the surroundings in the default scenery... :-)