Sign in to follow this  
barryward12345

Seat height adjustment with heads-up display??

I have always been unhappy with the seat height adjustment in FS2002 -- it is too coarse and does not allow for fine adjustment . It hasn't really mattered until now -- but I have installed the AFG heads-up display and ,for this to work properly, you have to adjust the heads-up horizon to co-incide with the real horizon -- without a finer adjustment of the seat height , this is impossible.Any ideas??Thanks Barry

Impossible it is...Which is why I posted this info this morning:What are the chances of having a panel guage like this designed for FS2002..Checkout the website: http://www.sierraflightsystems.com/symbology.htmlhttp://www.cheltonflightsystems.com/I think this would be an outstanding feature for add on guages. The ability to see thru less than impossible cloud thickness/fog while making a final...I had actually hope this would catch the eye of some of our really great designers out there..Well thats just my thought....AFG HUD is available, but there could be room for much better improvement...PeaceTroy

Well, it isn't absolutely impossible to adjust the seat height to co-incide with the artificial horizon of the HUD -- but it is "difficult".The funny thing with the seat height adjustmnent is that it doesn't seem to go back to the "same" place it was -- have a try - raise and lower the seat a number of times -- you will see that the final position slowly changes!!By doing this -- raising and lowering a number of times, you can actually get the horizon to where you want it - but it is all very "strange".Another stange thing is that there have been quite a few people read my post -- but no answers or suggestions at all .Barry

The default seat height for 2D is set in the Views section of panel.cfg with a VIEW_FORWARD_DIR = statement.-VIEWS-VIEW_FORWARD_DIR=13,0,0(replace the - with square bracket, can't enter in message here)If you do not have it add it. The first value can be expressed with a decimal place such as 2.5 which might give you the control you wish. This value is used when you change views with your POV hat and return to the forward view.On the fsgateway site tips forun, under views, you will find info under the topic about dark runway lights which involves adjusting the view seen through the windshield and then compensating with seat height.To make these changes seen for trial and error, temporarily switch your aircraft to some thing else, do an OK, the switch back and do OK so the new values take effect after editing panel.cfg. You do not have to reload FS from start to view the effects of your changes.

No--- what is needed to use the head-up display is a "temporary" adjustment of the seat height using the normal seat height adjustment -- NOT a permanent adjustment.For normal use using the 2d panel, my seat height is OK (in fact I have made some minor adjustments with the DIR-FORWARD control in the panel.cfg file) --- BUT , to use the HUD, you press W to get rid of the panel and then use the HUD exclusively -- but you then have to align the HUD horizon with the real horizon using the seat height adjustment -- trouble is the adjustmnt is too coarse , it needs to be finer and I am trying to find out how to do this.Thanks for the ideas so farBarry