Sign in to follow this  
Guest racartron

FS Sky World SE Randomizer - Help Needed

Guest jase439

What version of the VB runtime should I be using? I have Visual Studio .NET Professional installed on that box - I wonder if the new VB runtime could be causing a conflict?PS. I just tried using 5 minutes...and it did the same thing...counted down to 4:49 and then quit.

Guest jase439

I am definitely running the very very latest (may too latest ;-) versions of the Visual Basic runtime(s) (both msvbvm50 and msvbvm60) in addition to the msimg32.dll.I will e-mail you offline about this. It's clear there's a conflict somewhere that is causing the timer to crap out - but I imagine people are getting tired of this thread ;-)Thanks for your help.JPS. Aside from the timer snafu, the clouds look stellar!

Guest jase439

Hi Chris,I found the source of the problem. I noticed that FS Sky World's timer dies whenever FS first loads the WideServer 5.01 DLL into memory. It's the loading of the DLL itself that clobbers FS Sky World's timer. I don't know what it is that WideServer is doing that would affect another application's timer, but it clearly does not play nicely with others ;-). Anyway, I renamed WideServer.dll to WideServer.bak and FS Sky World is back in business.Unfortunately, I live and die by WideServer ;-) Maybe this is something you can work out with Pete?J

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Yes, it's true. WideServer 5.01 here too!Once FS2002 loaded the counter stops but...leave FS2002 and in FSW panel right click on Inst & Run FS, click on activate and... at that point timer come to life again and after 0.5 min.(test pourpose time) a new random set of textures will be copied on HD (see HD activity light).I think WideServer 5.01 users like me can live with this trick waiting for Pete doing some more technical adjustements.Thank you Chris and thank you Pete for your shining work!Let me know how this works on your systems.cheersLuigi ;-)