Sign in to follow this  
Guest WorkingStiff

fresh install idea

I think on the next flight sim I'm gonna start a log of everything that I add when I add and key notes about that added. This would include websites, passwords, where I placed the old file and other changes. This way if I ever need to reinstall or just want to remember how I did something I will have the refernce guide there. Since I use my computer mostly for flight sim stuff anyway it will be kinda like a logbook for the computer. Just thinking out loud.Kilstorm

Actually this would make an ideal piece of addon software. Something that would record all your addons in some form. I have had thoughts recently about what a complete nightmare it would be to reinstall FS2002 after a years tweaking almost daily.Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

Remember the good ol' days when all you had to do was back up your aircraft and gauges folder?

Guest WorkingStiff

After a few nightmarish reinstallations of FS2002 I created a spreadsheet to track all my FS stuff.Now I literally track everything; the apps I installed, updates and revision dates, websites, passwords, and all the little tweaks I've made to FS.This has also been very helpful to me as I've been installing the AI aircraft from Project AI; I've been able to keep track of the registry edits, etc. that I've done.