Sign in to follow this  
Paul

CFS3 and DX8.2

Guest Lobaeux4

B52driver,Did you download the patch or did it come with CFS3? I looked on the Microsoft website, but couldn't find it.LobaeuxC-130Driver

Guest PhilipManwaring

Try this:1. Uninstall CFS3. Ensure you remove the whole directory (ie. all .INI and .CFG files gone).2. Uninstall Det drivers (go to standard SVGA)3. Download DetDestroyer from guru3d.com and run it to completely remove all registry entries etc. for your old drivers.4. Download and install 30.82 detonator drivers.5. Re-install CFS3.It sounds like you have some old files or reg entries confusing the system. Good luck!

I know, this is strange. I would amagine it will be available from MS soon if not already. It auto-installs with CFS3 but I wouldn't suggest buying CFS3 to get it. :-) I'm taking CFS3 back on Monday I don't like it. But I did scoop the DirectX folder off the CD. :-)SteveCYYZ

Guest JeffB

I did, what a BIG MISTAKE!!!!My computer is HOSED!Need help!Installed DirectX 8.1 then the beta 8.2(per your links Larry). Then, upgraded to Nvidia 30.82.I'm running a Nvidia Ti200, 64mb, AMD 900mhz with 394mb ram.When I run Fly!II, no problem....When I run FS2002 HOSED!!While the program starts and I hear the engines, the screen is GARBLED.I've sometimes got it to run when I adjust my refresh rate to 100hz instead of the 'Optimal'.When I run DXdiag.exe, it tells me I've had problems with Direct Draw the last time I used it, do I want to continue. If I do, the screen goes BLACK. While I can 'Alt F4' to get out, I cannot run FS2002.Any help would be appreciated!Jeff

Trip,I just tested FS2K2 before & after updating to DX8.2, with NO change whatsoever in 3 entirely different flight situations. I tested utilizing both the NVidia driver utility AND the check box within FS with same result. Tested on a P4 1.6, GF4 4200, 512DDR. I am stumped as to why some are claiming big improvements. :-hmmm Didn't help, didn't hurt...Greg

Guest B52Drivr

Lobaeux,I got there from the link that Simon Evans provided from a FS.com forum. And still have had no problems.Clay

Guest JeffB

I've gone back to DirectX 8.0 and 20.83 drivers. It's working, but I'm still having problems with multiple monitors.I think it is the 30.82 drivers that are causing my problems. While I went back to DirectX 8.0, I could not correctly run 30.82.BTW, I'm running Win 98 SE.I'll try DirectX 8.1 and see if they work.Jeff

Bob, I think you emailed me. You said you were using 30.82 drivers for your GeForce card. These are super old!

I have a AMD XP2200+ 1GB DDR and a 128MB TI4600, saw no differences either (running XP SP1). Of course, I rebooted after the install, went into dxdiag, found 8.2, said "Hmm", double-clicked my CFS3 icon, selected a different resolution from the default, my computer then started ignoring mouseclicks, and eventually rebooted. No tweaks, no edits, didn't even get to the other display options tab....Good job on Q/A if just changing the screen size will reboot the PC with an error.P

WARNING!!!That link provides a Beta version of DX8.2. It is scheduled to expire at the end of the month. So, unless you have a DX Uninstaller, your system will beome confused. I have WINXP, so I installed it to test it out....My FPS went down, instead of up. So I used system restore and got back to my comfortable setup. Now, I am a "Rocket Scientist", however I have been burned by those Microsoft Beta files.BEWARE!!!!!!

Pete - I just couldn't stand it any longer. So, this afternoon I loaded up a spare drive with a fresh install of Win98SE and DX8.1b - then installed CFS3. Tried it. Don't like it. Uninstalled it. If this is a glimpse of the future I'm not sure I'll buy the next release of MSFS - at least I won't be the first one in-line. Poor textures, poor framerates, overly sensitive to installed drivers (it took me four sets to find one that worked sort of OK), texure flashing, limited video options, etc, etc, etc. The guys over at the combat sim sites are right, this one's a turkey for sure. Back to EB for a refund tomorrow.Trip

Guest JeffB

Still more problems...My CH Yoke throttle, prop, and mixture only go half-way...can't take off.My network, for what-ever reason, doesn't work...it worked before I started adding DirectX8.1 and 8.2 along with 30.82...Tough way to end the weekend...I should have known better...