Sign in to follow this  
Guest Frank Betts

MS, if your listeneing ?

Hi, The best way will be to update fs2002 engine, not redone from scratch, adding new module, feature, inside realistic weather system, so we don't have to use external weather utility (like they did with AI Traffic is an exemple), and correct the ground graphics.ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFshttp://fsw.simflight.com/fsw.jpg

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Can you be more specific? I'm getting the game on monday and everyone thats ripping on it says that their dissappointed and dont really explain why. All the reviews for the game looked positive and the screen shots didn't look half bad, am I missing something?

Guest Timbo

You can only take a game engine so far. Continually updating the FS2000/FS2002 engine won't last forever. FS2004 seriously needs a new core engine, updating FS2002 would be dissapointing.[TABLE BORDER=0][tr][td]

[/td][/tr][tr]

[td]

[link:www.fsworldonline.com/~timsfsstudio]Click here to visit Tim's FS Studio!] Updated August 31st!

[/td][/tr][/TABLE

Hi Timbo, "FS2004 seriously needs a new core engine, updating FS2002 would be dissapointing."I agree, this is always better, when the programmer know whats they are doing and are advanced, not always the case.Feature still to be fixed in fs2004 before anything new addedRunways/taxi lightsRoad data, improved coastline dataVideo recordingVideo replayFly By inside ( not sure if fly by will be available for fs2004)Ground terrain quality controled via graphics option not CPU speed (blur)-I will not talk about Aircraft system waist of time.ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFshttp://fsw.simflight.com/fsw.jpg

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Hey, I'm not saying don't give it a try. I'm sure there will be others with different opinions but I would suggest buying it somewhere that has a liberal return policy. I think the clouds and atmosphere are great. Ground textures, trees buildings do look good as you've seen in screenshots but only when your flying really low, and I mean low. This scenery would be great for combat helicopters. :-)My issues with this release are with the ugly spot views and shimmering groud effects that are extremely distracting. Most of all though it's the terrible performance on my system in which FS2k2 works pritty darn good I think. Performance is so poor, it's not playable in my opinion and thats all before it freezes. :-(Now if I had to work days to tweak Fs2002 that would be another thing, I guess, but CFS3 just isn't worth the hassle.WIN XPASUS A7V 133AMD Athlon 1.4Geforse 3768 MB RamSteveCYYZ

You could of course try calling customer support instead of running in here and starting to cry.

Wow Steve! You're running a 1.4Ghz machine with a Geforce 3 and your still getting bad performance? Your system isn't cutting edge but dang, you shouldn't be getting terrible performance. Now I'm worried....... well i guess i'll just have to wait and see

Hey JeroenI get your point. :-)I'm just trying to make the case that here I am an experienced flightsimmer, been tweaking FS since 98 version. Also owned all previous cfs's and although my hardware is a little outdated I have never had problems like this with any of MS's other FS products.I've tried all the usual driver and setting fixes with no luck so far. Also I'm just making the suggestion to others to be cautious as some retailers don't allow returns.SteveCYYZI seriously doubt their customer support could enlighten me in any way. :-)If anyone could help it would more than likely be some of the many fine people who hangout in these forums, like yourself.

>You could of course try calling customer support instead of >running in here and starting to cry. LMAO!You've obviously never tried talking to those people.Shane

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Guest Tim13

I read this on another forum, and even though it goes against all reason, it worked for me.Go into the CFS3 configurator that gets intalled with the game, and change your graphics to include anti-aliasing. I set mine to 2x, and now it doesn't stutter any more than CFS2 did. I can't believe what a difference in performance this has made. It's odd that this worked, but it might be woth a try.My specs:AMD 1gig256 ramGF2Pro 64mbTim13

Steve -I don't have CF3 yet (and not sure I'm going to get it, since FS2002 keeps me busy), but usually shimmering textures are addressed by turning up anisotropic filtering. Have you tried that as well? Just a thought from the sidelines.... Steve J.

Guest Paul_W

I've given my reasons at Netwings, and it takes a fair amount of time to write these things up; here I'll just say that I'm very disappointed with CFS3 as a flight simulator (I'm not interested in the combat per se).If you want to read many interesting and informed opinions on CFS3, try this forum:http://www.netwings.org/cgi-bin/dcforum/dc...&conf=DCConfID2The CFS3 forum at SimHQ is also alive with opinions (too many of them are negative unfortunately).I can only wish MS the very best in their FS 2004 efforts now.

Guest Paul_W

Dave, see my post below. I personally feel misled by the optimistic and/or glowing previews and reviews of CFS3 that I have read over the past several days and weeks, and I'd also have to say that the better screenshots have also been misleading to me. I've read a number of posts where others feel the same way; then again some disagree.I have a decent system--AMD 1700XP, 500 MB, GF3 Ti 200--and I'm not at all impressed with how CFS3 appears and performs on it. Bear in mind though that I'm not interested in the dynamic campaigns and "gameplay" that the avid gamers are attracted to; I'm just in it for the flight simulation aspects.

here I'll just say that I'm very disappointed with CFS3 as a flight simulator (I'm not interested in the combat per se).aahhhhhh...why did you buy it then??? "CF3" if I'm not mistaking stands for "Combat Simulator"why would you buy "Combat Simulator" and not be interested in the "combat per se?"