Sign in to follow this  
Guest eko

For The Newbies

Guest eko

Here are just a COUPLE of some very fine freeware offerings for those that don't know about them or are financially challenged. (GA Oriented) Either in the avsim.com or flightsim.com libraries. Some are only in one or the other though. This is just the tip of the iceberg... there's plenty more. -Aviat Husky by Steven Grant and Fred Choate (aviat_td.zip) Amphibian Version (aviat_a.zip)-Antonov An-2 Colt by Paul Clawson and Matthias Lieberecht. Repaint by Peter Ivady (neu_an2.zip)-Beech B1900 by Mike Stone. (sb1900d2.zip)US Airways Repaint by Edward Cox (b1900usncv2.zip)Beech B1900 Panel by Barry Blaisdell (http://www.flightsimnetwork.com/premaircraft/b19d_pnl/index.html)-B33 Beech Debonair by Geoffrey Applegate and James Eden (b33.zip)Virtual Cockpit Upgrade (b33_vcupdate.zip)-Default King Air 350 withJHS`s King Air 350 Panel by Jan Harry Sorensen and Freddy Wilhelmsen (js_fw_kingair350v2002.zip)Two wonderful sound package upgrades: by Aaron Swindle (kasnz.zip) and Leon Medado (lmtbprp2.zip)-Beech Super G18 by Greg Pepper (b18g2k2.zip) and (b18gfix.zip)Beechcraft Super G18 Panel MOD (b18gmod.zip)-Beechcraft Twin Bonanza by Tom Miller and Dick Ward (tb4949k2.zip)-GMAX Bell 222B by Alan Devins (gmax_bell_222b.zip)-Cessna 152 by Carenado (http://66.33.47.235/html/freeairplanes.php3)Updated panel by Firstsim98 (c152pxup.zip)-Cessna 185 Skywagon by Mikko Maliniemi and Ian Grant repainted by Don Moser (don185.zip)-Cessna 206 Stationair 6 II Amphibian by Ian Grant, Steven Grant, Aaron R Swindle and Mikko Maliniemi (c206_chz.zip)-Magnum, P.I. Hughes 500D by Bjorn Buchner (magnumh500d.zip) Amphibian Version (emma550.zip)-Douglas DC-3 Dakota, PH-DDZ by Jan Visser, Roy Chaffin, and Bill Rambow (dc-3_ddz.zip)Modified MDL to add FS2002 lights and remove FS2002 baloon lights by Paul Pridmore (ddda_mod.zip)-DHC-2 Beaver Package by Fred Banting and Yannick Lavigne (beaver7.zip)FS2002 Compatibility Update (bvr7_upg.zip)-1975 Piper Cherokee 180 by Roger Austli and Ole Egholm (pa28_lnrog.zip)-Piper Cherokee Arrow III by Warren Baier (arrow_3.zip)Panel and FDE update (ar3pc1.zip)-Piper Warrior II by Precision-Sim Designs (http://www.psd.avsim.net/warrior_II.htm)-Piper Dakota Sound Package by Aaron Swindle (pdsnz.zip)Use this in any Piper aircraft, such as the warrior II, Arrow, piper 180, etc.

Just a note; when I installed the Cessna 152 by Carenado, my FS2002 would crash like crazy. When I removed it, everything went back to normal, just occasional crashes. :-hah

Hey EKONot only do I agree with your choices but I commend the effort and thought you put into it.Nice work.SteveCYYZ

Also, don't miss the ATR 42-500 by Francisco Sanchez-Casta

Guest bfindlay

Me too. Crashed every single time. I have not uninstalled it yet, but I am about to.

Guest eko

That's interesting about the Carenado... I have not had a single crash with this aircraft (I have the red one installed). I do believe there is an FS2002 update that you can download, are you sure you have that?

Just my opinion, but...I think the Levigne/Banting/Young Dassault Falcon 50 (fal50c2.zip) is one of the finest bizjets available... and there are plenty of repaints available.

Yep, got the update, but still got the crashes. Just one of thoses things I guess. Some have problems some don't. :)

Guest eko

Hehe, I knew folks would start chiming in. :-)There are MANY more fine freeware offerings, no doubt. My list was not even close to being comprehensive. It's an ongoing project... more will be listed in future versions!It just takes a little while to get the filename, exact authorship, etc. etc. But I've been wanting to do this for a while. So many fine freeware offerings, we really need to be reminded of them every once in a while. :-)