Sign in to follow this  
Guest odog

improving FS2002

Hello,Do you change anything in FS2002.cfg file to improve FS visual or performance ?What about clouds, night, water textures, do you use downloaded files ?My FS files are all default, can I improve it ?Thanks,Ulisses

Guest groundpounder75

Ulisses,The FS2002.cfg file is created the first time you run flight simulator. It keeps track of all the settings for FS. I might be wrong but I don't think there is anything you can do with the file to itself to improve performance or any visual aspect of FS. All the display settings can be modified within FS itself. I know you can add something like "display_brake_message = 0" in the SIM section to get rid of the brake message while flying, but I am not sure of much else. Check around this site for great freeware and add-ons of just about anything you can think of for FS, and if you think of something specific you may want and can't find, then wait a while and it will crop up.

I saw a setting called: (I think)extend_max_textureandmax_lodthat made a difference in my FS visual....Ulisses

Guest jase439

The Flightsim Veteran's Club used to have a HUGE FAQ on tweaking FS, but their FAQ page is gone as is their website. Anyone else have a link to this?

Guest SoarPics

There are almost as many opinions on this issue as there are fixes. Because each system is different, it is first important to understand what each setting in the FS2002.cfg Terrain section means, and controls. The definitive explanation of these settings was presented by PaulL01 some months ago. What follows is Paul's brief:<<

Guest jase439

Thanks for reposting these. I had lost some of these tweaks when I reinstalled FS2K2 on my new box.Cheers!J

Guest odog

!!!!thank you so much for the post...Ive been looking for that inactive site too!..thought I dreamt itTerrain Error Factor and Terrain Default/Extended Radius were most helpful on my rig....odog