Sign in to follow this  
Guest TimD

zooming in on PFD in the Seneca

I mentioned one of the things I didn't care for about the Seneca relative to the C421 was the inability to zoom in on the primary instruments for IFR flight. Someone from FSD correctly pointed out that there is a zoomed in panel (then the thread degenerated into name calling from there). What I meant was the ability to click on certain instrument clusters and zoom specifically on them. Why? Because I undock the panels and move them to my other monitors. That's not possible with the zoomed panel in the Seneca. Bear in mind, my needs are not necessarily representative of most users.David

Guest TimD

This is something we can certainly accommodate. It would be possible, for example, to have the larger zoomed in view as the main panel, and everything else available as separate panel windows.We don't do this by default because as you point out, most people do not have multiple monitors. In which case having so much of the panel split up would be a definite drawback.This could all be accomplished mainly with config adaptation. We could even make this an option on the Load Manager. We would be glad to consider it. [link:www.fsheartland.net]http://www.fsd-international.com/team/Heartland_sig.gif

I like to be able to drag the panels to a second monitor also, but it looks like all the keys or spaces for extra windows are already used up for the Seneca V. :DThanks FSD for the fine planes. The Seneca is exceptional too in my opinion. Only looking for the paint for Sidolis 95D.

I think that given the ever increasing number of graphics cards that now carry the facility of adding at least one additional monitor the ability to undock and use groupings of instruments is becoming a much more appealing requirement. It is also noticeable that there is a growing move within the hobby towards the use of multi monitors [ I run five ]and it would make commercial sense to provide the facility to do this in the manner that you describe and with an increasing number of instruments available. It is much more realistic and satisfactory to be able to use the actual aircraft instrumentation in this way rather than by means of glass cockpit instrumentation [and considerably less expensive given the current cost of this type of add on]. As an avid user of all FSD aircraft I must admit to having a vested interest as I await with barely concealed impatience the arrival of the Meridian in order to commence work on my cockpit panel. I trust that you will give consideration to this comment in your usual courteous way.My thanks for the pleasure your product brings me.

Guest TimD

Yes, we will take a look at making all of the panels multi-monitor friendly, as an option. Keep in mind that this will likely have to be an entirely different panel routine /option.While what you say about the technology, and the video drivers supporting multi-monitor capability are quite true, you need to also consider that you are still taking about a very, very small percentage of flight simmers. Fact is, the vast majority do not have multiple monitors, and have no intention of investing the money or desktop space toward that end, regardless of what the technology is capable of.So the main thrust of what a panel developer, commercial or freeware, needs to be oriented toward the many, not the few.My http://www.fsd-international.com/dcforum/Images/twocents.gif [link:www.fsheartland.net]http://www.fsd-international.com/team/Heartland_sig.gif