Sign in to follow this  

Freedom of speech?

I note with interest that the thread on the PSS Dash 8 has be locked by Robert Kirkland, saying, "PSs has a forum here so please place inquiries as to status there and not in the MSFS Forum Thanks".But over on the PSS forum, I read that, "As the Dash 8 is still being developed, no further questions about it will be posted at this time."So where can we discuss/speculate/whine about the upcoming PSS Dash 8 release? Not on Avsim apparently!Wearing my flame-resistant vest, I'm

Freedom of speech does not apply in private forums. You can go shout your opinions in some open country park, there's your freedom of speech.Kitty MercuryCathay Pacific Virtual Pilot (CX252)

I'm absoluteley Positive that Tom or Scott will back up what I write here .. And that is the fact that Robert Kirkland (IN HIS POSITION AT ASVIM NOT PSS) Deleted the thread simply because it was getting out of hand.PSS took NO offence in the postings in fact I quite enjoyed stating our case, But if a reasonable discussion cannot take place then it will be deleted by the Forum Administrators NOT BY PSSAny thought that PSS were behind the deletion is rediculous

I didn't suggest in any way that PSS was behind the deletion. I was merely pointing out that it appears that questions on the Dash-8 could not be discussed on any of the Avsim forums.Am I wrong?

You may ASK any questions you see fit .. in ANY forum We may choose not to answer all of them of course .. But The WHOLE point is.... the thread that you referred to in your intitial post was locked because of it's content, Not subject matter.If you wish to ask us questions about The Dash 8 or any other product please do so.. If it's a support issue however I will ask you politeley to put this in the PSS Support forum so as not to interfere with the general Forums also generously hosted here at Avsim.Thanks again

Guest CharlesH

Hi:Sorry to tell you this, but you cannot discuss/speculate/whine about PSS Dash 8. They have set their policy up, you so have to respect their wishes. You can imagine how many emails they get each day asking about the same thing. They probably don't have the time to answer all of them as they have other full-time jobs to do. I also think that PSS is in a no-win position here also. If they day it going to be released on such and such a date and it does not happen then people complain. Either way people complain. Why can you just wait and see what happens and give PSS a break.Charles

Please guys .. I appreciate the comments here but there is the danger of another thread being locked if it turns into a war .. Be Nice and Be heard ok ? (Damn I should copyright that !):)

Thank you PSS for developing the Dash 8-300 for MSFS. I am waiting with anticipation and excitement to take it around the pattern. Even though patience is hard for me to deal with....I know that the reward of flying it will be that much better.Best Regards,Weave