Sign in to follow this  
spilok

CFS3 problem....help if you can.

I know this is not the right forum for this question, but there doesn't seem to be that much activity on the CFS forum. I've always called this forum, "home"! Please help if you can.... I've installed, uninstalled, and re-installed Microsoft Combat Flight Sim 3, and I still get this message when starting the game:CFS3exe NO DISK"There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive DeviceHarddisk1Dr2"I do not get this message with any other software. It only happens with CFS3. If I try to extinguish the message, it pops up at least 4 times, then the game runs.Any thoughts on this annoying message?StanStan

Hi, Did you install at full ?If yesIt may check for cd protection this was like fs2000 release. Until an Cra...... You must have your cd in your cd-rom to run this. Cancelling some pop up screen can not to load some scenery, sound or other stuffThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFshttp://fsw.simflight.com/fsw.jpg

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Guest Holliday

Start by reading the read me file in the game folder. There are problems with some CD ROM/Burners. See if yours is one of them.

Guest ozhero

Yes, it is VERY annoying that a lot of software won't run on a CD Burner since it thinks you are using a pirated CD even when the orginal is in the drive.To fix it get yourself a copy of CloneCD, run it in the tray and have "Hide CRD media" ticked. This works a treat !

First, the CD is in the CD ROM and my CD ROM is not one of those that is affected. I did the Express install which says it's a full install. The Custom install allows for the ablity to not install some elements, from what I read while installing. StanThanks anyway....still looking for some ideas. When will a CD Cr--- be ready for the game? Stan