Sign in to follow this  

AI TRAFFIC (PROJECT AI) INSTALLATION TROUBLE

Dear friends,I just installed ProjectAI's B744,B772, etc. etc. but the A320 defies logic. Only the first texture is getting displayed. Subsequently added textures are not getting displayed. Another interesting thing which I have noticed is that when I change the order of the textures in the aircraft.cfg file, only that aircraft at [fltsim.0] is displayed. The others don't. How do I tackle this problem?Also if I add multiple flight-plans (for example, AI PLANS FOR HEATHROW and AI PLANS FOR BRITISH AIRWAYS), will it create confusion?Thanks for your help.Regards,Dr. Jinesh ThomasResident in Internal MedicineGauhati Medical CollegeINDIA.

Make sure you have consecutive (fltsim.x) numbers and correctly referenced texture files. This is what I have in mine:{fltsim.0}JABIndex=1title=PAI A320 AELsim=pai320v2model=aelpanel=sound=texture=aelchecklists=kb_checklists=kb_reference=atc_id=atc_id_color=0xffffffffatc_airline=AIR EUROPEatc_flight_number=0001ui_manufacturer=Project AIui_type=Airbus A320ui_variation=Air Europedescription=Project Ai A320 Only for use with Ai Traffic!atc_heavy=1visual_damage=0{fltsim.1}JABIndex=2title=PAI A320 AMCsim=pai320v2model=amcpanel=sound=texture=amcchecklists=kb_checklists=kb_reference=atc_id=atc_id_color=0xffffffffatc_airline=Air Maltaatc_flight_number=0001ui_manufacturer=Project AIui_type=Airbus A320ui_variation=Air Maltadescription=Project Ai A320 Only for use with Ai Traffic!atc_heavy=0visual_damage=0{fltsim.2}JABIndex=3title=PAI A320 EDWsim=pai320v2model=edwpanel=sound=texture=edwchecklists=kb_checklists=kb_reference=atc_id=atc_id_color=0xffffffffatc_airline=EDELWEISSatc_flight_number=0001ui_manufacturer=Project AIui_type=Airbus A320ui_variation=Edelweissdescription=Project Ai A320 Only for use with Ai Traffic!atc_heavy=1visual_damage=0{fltsim.3}JABIndex=8title=PAI A320 ACATsim=pai320v2model=acatpanel=sound=texture=acatchecklists=kb_checklists=kb_reference=atc_id=atc_id_color=0xffffffffatc_airline=AIR CANADAatc_flight_number=0001ui_manufacturer=Project AIui_type=Airbus A320ui_variation=Air Canada Tangodescription=Project Ai A320 Only for use with Ai Traffic!atc_heavy=0visual_damage=0{fltsim.4}JABIndex=9title=PAI A320 DLHsim=pai320v2model=dlhpanel=sound=texture=dlhchecklists=kb_checklists=kb_reference=atc_id=atc_id_color=0xffffffffatc_airline=LUFTHANSAatc_flight_number=0001ui_manufacturer=Project AIui_type=Airbus A320ui_variation=Lufthansadescription=Project Ai A320 Only for use with Ai Traffic!atc_heavy=0visual_damage=0{fltsim.5}JABIndex=10title=PAI A320 AFRsim=pai320v2model=afrpanel=sound=texture=afrchecklists=kb_checklists=kb_reference=atc_id=atc_id_color=0xffffffffatc_airline=AIR FRANCEatc_flight_number=0001ui_manufacturer=Project AIui_type=Airbus A320ui_variation=Air Francedescription=Project Ai A320 Only for use with Ai Traffic!atc_heavy=0visual_damage=0{fltsim.6}JABIndex=11title=PAI A320 BAWsim=pai320v2model=bawpanel=sound=texture=bawchecklists=kb_checklists=kb_reference=atc_id=atc_id_color=0xffffffffatc_airline=SPEED BIRDatc_flight_number=0001ui_manufacturer=Project AIui_type=Airbus A320ui_variation=British Airwaysdescription=Project Ai A320 Only for use with Ai Traffic!atc_heavy=0visual_damage=0{fltsim.7}JABIndex=14title=PAI A320 CRXsim=pai320v2model=crxpanel=sound=texture=crxchecklists=kb_checklists=kb_reference=atc_id=atc_id_color=0xffffffffatc_airline=SWISSAIRatc_flight_number=0001ui_manufacturer=Project AIui_type=Airbus A320ui_variation=Swissdescription=Project Ai A320 Only for use with Ai Traffic!atc_heavy=1visual_damage=0/// David Freed 07/04/02{fltsim.8}JABIndex=4title=PAI A320 JBUsim=pai320v2model=jbupanel=sound=texture=jbuchecklists=kb_checklists=kb_reference=atc_id=atc_id_color=0xffffffffatc_airline=Jet Blueatc_flight_number=0001ui_manufacturer=Project AIui_type=Airbus A320ui_variation=JetBluedescription=Project Ai A320 Only for use with Ai Traffic!visual_damage=0atc_heavy=0{fltsim.9}JABIndex=13title=PAI A320 SLKsim=pai320v2model=slkpanel=sound=texture=slkchecklists=kb_checklists=kb_reference=atc_id=atc_id_color=0xffffffffatc_airline=SILKAIRatc_flight_number=0001ui_manufacturer=Project AIui_type=Airbus A320ui_variation=SilkAirdescription=Project Ai A320 Only for use with Ai Traffic!atc_heavy=1visual_damage=0{fltsim.10}JABIndex=12title=PAI A320 TAPsim=pai320v2model=tappanel=sound=texture=tapchecklists=kb_checklists=kb_reference=atc_id=atc_id_color=0xffffffffatc_airline=TAPatc_flight_number=0001ui_manufacturer=Project AIui_type=Airbus A320ui_variation=Air Portugaldescription=Project Ai A320 Only for use with Ai Traffic!atc_heavy=0visual_damage=0{fltsim.11}JABIndex=5title=PAI A320 UALsim=pai320v2model=ualpanel=sound=texture=ualchecklists=kb_checklists=kb_reference=atc_id=atc_id_color=0xffffffffatc_airline=UNITEDatc_flight_number=0001ui_manufacturer=Project AIui_type=Airbus A320ui_variation=United Airlinesdescription=Project Ai A320 Only for use with Ai Traffic!atc_heavy=0visual_damage=0{fltsim.12}JABIndex=6title=PAI A320 USAsim=pai320v2model=ualpanel=sound=texture=usachecklists=kb_checklists=kb_reference=atc_id=atc_id_color=0xffffffffatc_airline=US AIRatc_flight_number=0001ui_manufacturer=Project AIui_type=Airbus A320ui_variation=Us Airwaysdescription=Project Ai A320 Only for use with Ai Traffic!atc_heavy=0visual_damage=0{fltsim.13}JABIndex=7title=PAI A320 VLEsim=pai320v2model=vlepanel=sound=texture=vlechecklists=kb_checklists=kb_reference=atc_id=atc_id_color=0xffffffffatc_airline=VOLAREatc_flight_number=0001ui_manufacturer=Project AIui_type=Airbus A320ui_variation=Volaredescription=Project Ai A320 Only for use with Ai Traffic!atc_heavy=0visual_damage=0{fltsim.14}JABIndex=15title=PAI A320 IBEsim=pai320v2model=panel=sound=texture=ibechecklists=kb_checklists=kb_reference=atc_id=atc_id_color=0xffffffffatc_airline=IBERIAatc_flight_number=0001ui_manufacturer=Project AIui_type=Airbus A320ui_variation=Iberiadescription=Project Ai A320 Only for use with Ai Traffic!atc_heavy=0visual_damage=0

Ijust went to Project AI and have a question.If you use the installer and then download the airline does this add AI aircraft to all of fs2k or do you have to add it separately to each airport?Is there a good explanation somewhere of what it actually does?Thanks,Ron

Bring back Chief Illiniwek!University of Illinois.

Thanks Alastair.It was a problem of brackets. I did not put the starting bracket before fltsim.1,2 etc. Now everything is fine.Ron, I am sorry. I never do auto installation. The files are too big for my 56 kbps modem. I am sorry, I cannot help you out with auto installationRegards,Jinesh.

>>Ijust went to Project AI and have a question.If you use the >installer and then download the airline does this add AI >aircraft to all of fs2k or do you have to add it separately >to each airport?Is there a good explanation somewhere of >what it actually does?Thanks,Ron The Project AI installer will install the entire schedule for that airline as done by the PAI team. For example, you won't have to hit every Delta hub to install traffic where DAL flies. If you install US Airways, you'll get bunches of USAir traffic at KPHL and KPIT along with other USAir destinations.I've been very pleased with the autoinstallers to date.

Glad I could help !Just so everyone's totally clear, the listing above uses the { and } for the brackets as the "square-brackets" symbols don't show up in the Forum. So {fltsim.1} should actually be written "open-sqr-brkts"fltsim.1"close-sqr-brkts"As for the question on the flightplans, the AI aircraft should appear at all the airports listed in the flightplans, but only at the scheduled times where a day/time is given, so if you're looking for a plane due to depart at 0900 GMT Tuesday when logged into FS2002 at 1100 Wednesday, it won't appear. Don't forget that all plans are coded for GMT, so an 0900 (local) flight from KJFK will be in the plans as departing at 1400.

Thanks very much Alastair and Bill.Regards,Jinesh.

Hello, Am I correct in assuming that the aircraft that are included in the PAI downloads should show up on my FS2002 aircraft list? I have used the autoinstallers but the air traffic doesn't show up.None of the AI aircraft for the schedules I installed show up either. They are in my FS2002 aircraft folder but do not show up in aircraft list in FS2002.Regards,Mike W