Sign in to follow this  

Want some challenging weather?

Check out England today. We've got a storm heading this way, and the forecasters are warning of winds gusting up to 90mph this afternoon.I've just downloaded the weather for 0800 with FSMeteo...My local airport of Manston (EGMH) has winds at 32 knots gusting 44...Heathrow - 35 knots gusting 51Luton - 36 knots gusting 49Bristol - 32 knots gusting 50Manchester - 36 knots gusting 47It's supposed to be getting worse this afternoon.

Tell me something I dont know !:)We have trees down and roads closed here in Staffordshire .. Nr EGNX

Guest AndrewW

>>It's supposed to be getting worse this afternoon.TAF's show it's going to die out tonight - but I think EGLL still has the worst to come:TAF EGLL 270430Z 271206 21020KT 9999 BKN025 TEMPO 1215 22022G35KT PROB40 TEMPO 1215 22027G45KT PROB30 TEMPO 1213 23038G55KT 7000 RA BKN014 BECMG 1215 28020KT TEMPO 1219 28022G33KT PROB40 TEMPO 1216 29025G43KT BECMG 1922 28010KT=Shame - it's Vatuk Sunday tonight! http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3db1858910fad6ad.jpg

I live on the coast on a pretty exposed location at the top of a hill. I've been kept awake most of the night by rain lashing against the window!I just loaded up the DF Archer and flew EGNJ-EGPH with FSMeteo. It was a very rough ride all the way from Humberside to Newcastle, and horrible visibility and rain all the way from Newcastle to Edinburgh. I really wouldn't like to be flying for real in this weather.BTW, Activecam makes the turbulence very believable! :-)

Yeah, i've been listening to Heathrow on the scanner, quite a few aircraft have been going around due to windshear. The winds woke me up this morning!!

Yep you are all corrcet we do have real storm here!We spent time yesterday tieing the planes down at the local cub,glas we did. Must be gusting around 60 miles at the moment. Thats about 6 miles north of Gatwick close to Redhill.Keith

Guest goon

I'm in Staffordshire too! Winds blew our bin over, knocked one of the gates on the level crossing behind our house down, and kept our poor new dog up all night!Makes for great flying though!

Guest Henri W

Not much better here in the Netherlands:EHRD 271355Z 25040G57KT 9999 -RA SCT032 BKN042 12/08 Q0994 TEMPO 5000EHAM 271355Z 25039G61KT 4000 RA SCT020 BKN030 OVC040 10/08 Q0992 TEMPO 4000 RA SCT012 BKN018 EHKD 271425Z 26047G63KT 3200 R22/P3700U -RA FEW010 SCT015 OVC020 11/09 Q0988 YLO Cheers,Henri

Guest Henri W

Interesting, I would say. At least when the runway is properly facing the wind ;-)Henri

>Challenging, yes. Deadly, no. :) >Um, six people died in the storms, Bill - but yes, I've read that BA cancelled a number of flights, and Cardiff inbounds were being diverted to Bristol. Still, it's a lot worse on the railways, especially those lines that use overhead wires.Rob

Yes. It is truly deadly weather. I re-read my post and it didn't quite sound right. That's actually what I meant - it is deadly - and that the thread title was an understatement. :)Best,Bill

It seems like it's all over the BENELUX and the UKat the Northsea here in Belgium we had regular wind peaks of 12 Beaufort which is equal to a hurricane :-eek :-eek 2002/10/27 15:50EBOS 271550Z 26040G61KT 9999 FEW035 BKN050 14/03 Q1006

Hi Nick,Any chance of you e-mailing me the FSMETEO files as attachments (just the .alo and .met files will suffice)? By the time I get home tonight the files will be unavailable, I'm assuming, from the METAR server. Thanks in advance.Thanks,Bruce.brucek@qwest.net

Guest UweR

Hi, on the way :-) Best Regards, UweEdit: The worst seems to have vanished by now, but you