Sign in to follow this  

Meljet 747 v3 control problems

Guest The Dutchman

Hey guys,Today I tried to practice some landing with the new meljet 747-400.It's a lovely aircraft ,but when I was on final approach ,I have some problems with controlling the aircraft I was pulling the nose down or up ,but it didn't worked so I put the APR and autopilot off and the problem wasn't solved ,and after that the plane starts to stall....Can somebody tell me what is going wrong ??I never have such problems with Posky 747's etc..regards,Dimitri

Guest MelvinRafi

Well, when you engage the APR function, you can't roll (but I think you can pitch) because the autopilot is controlling the plane - so that's normal.A stall? Did you maintain a suitable airspeed?Also note that the APR function lands you on the runway, but doesn't worry about the airspeed. You have to control that yourself.:) Melvinwww.meljet.com

Guest The Dutchman

Hey Melvin,first of all thanks for your tips..and thanks for your great plane you gave us :-hahI will practice a lot more on the landings :-)you know I'm not a 747 pilot in FS ,I usually fly with the 767/757/737But you're model is looking so great ,so I decided to practice withthis plane :-)great job !!regards,Dimitri

Guest avindel757

Hi there,If you disconnect the autopilot Master switch, notice that the APR light is still on. Not sure if this is a bug or not, but you must disconnect it also (ruen off that light)Andrew

Hello,Just make sure you have the appropriate speed at hand and turn off the autopilot master switch as well as the apr switch like Andrew said. If you are using the PSS panel, just disconnecting the autopilot master switch would do. And during apr swtich, the approach is flown by the autopilot, it wil control roll and pitch.

Also make sure you have 20% or less fuel in your tanks. Don't ever practice landings with full tanks, the aircraft is too heavy. These heavy jets(even in FS2K2) are just like the real ones. Too much fuel and they are very unstable at slow approach speeds. When ever I try out a new Jet I always set the fuel to 20% before attempting any landings.maxsdad

As others have mentioned, the MelJet 747 is a great piece of work from the visual perspective. I had been flying the stock 747 along with some repaints (KLM,Lufthansa, etc.) and some time ago solved the approach problems (Fuel load low, approach from above the glideslope, etc.. I played with the Posky 747's until the website apparently folded and I was unable to get some minor problems resolved.I installed the MelJet 747 about a week ago, and immediately started having problems with ILS approaches that I had flown hundreds of times. After viewing some replays, I determined that the entire horizontal spoiler was sloped at about a 45 degree down angle prior to and during the landing. When I restarted, and flew the approach manually, everything was fine! I suspect there might be a problem with the way this model responds to autopilot commands during the approach.Can anyone else verify (via instant replay) what I am seeing with regard to the horizontal stabilizer?Wayne Allen, CYYZ