Sign in to follow this  

OAG no longer free

Just to say that now the Official Airline Guide's website (www.oag.com) no longer provides free timetable searches (my favourite way of carrying out real world flights) does anyone know of any similar resource on the internet. I know I could expedia and such, but the beauty of OAG was it just searched timetables - didn't have preferred airlines - and was very easy to use.If someone knows of anything like OAG - please let me know. I don't want to spend

They probably think they're doing their part to help stop airline terrorism... :-lol

Guest kurtj

Yea, I know I miss it to. I used it all the time for my flights in fs2000 and fs2002 now. I'm not sure why they did that, and I hope they will go back to the old way. I hope it doesn't have anything to do with the fact that I made my own timetable using MS-Excel with their flight schedules to make it easier for me to just simply click on that file choose the flight and go into fs. In the meantime however www.trip.com isn't bad to use for flight scedules. They do have the airline preffered though. Just simply sort by schedule and select nonstop service if you want flights from a to b without stops. Also I might add you might want to play around with the time of departure because it won't show all the flights from 6am to 12 midnight so you have to play around. I am also going to try other sites and all keep everyone posted if I find something similar to OAG.

Guest Ferer five

More simply, it's just called corporate greed, a " business concept" more and more prevalent these days; just like Jeppesen wanting to charge you again if you install Flitestar more than once because you reformatted your PC or bought a new one. Same Jepps that sells and then obsoletes their PC interface module to write to the Garmin GPS and charges for a new module that does the same.And on and on...

Yep, it's basically down to the fact that OAG have to sell the paper guides they produce, so they're not going to put the same information on line for free.If I had the cash, I'd buy their product, because it was jolly useful. But I haven't, so I won't.Rob

Thanks Brandon - exactly what I needed. What a relief!!Rob

Excellent site I use is www.flightarrivals.comCas

Try visiting airlines website, I know that most US based carriers have an schedule in pdf format you can download for free.