Sign in to follow this  

AI Traffic

Guest MelvinRafi

Hi all! After seeing those unbelievable screenshots with airports filled with 20+ planes on queue for takeoff, I'm beginning to feel that I'm missing a lot of the FS action.I'm not really familiar with this AI Traffic stuff - could someone kindly tell me what programs I need, links to AI Traffic sites, how I go about installing the traffic, maybe a link to a tutorial or two?I would greatly appreciate it - thanks a lot!:) Melvin

The only one I've used is [a href=http://www.projectai.com]Project AI[/a]. They've got easy to use autoinstallers and very nice visual models.

Guest MelvinRafi

Thanks a lot - I've downloaded some of the auto installers from ProjectAI and installed them. Now what do I do to get the traffic to appear?:) Melvin

If I use auto installer do I need to separately have Taxi Speed,Traffic tools and AFCAD?I think I have Afcad and I think I have traffic tools,but I am not on my home computer right now to check.Thanks,Ron

Bring back Chief Illiniwek!University of Illinois.

Just make sure you've got your AI percentage turned up enough and go from an airport with traffic (Denver gets a bit crazy if you load the UAL traffic).You may want to get the taxi speed tool (I wish I could remember the name of the download) to adjust the speed of your AI traffic. If you leave it at the default taxi speed, it takes almost as long to taxi to your runway as it does to fly to your destination!

Thanks for the info.Could you briefly explain to me just what I am doing using the auto installer?Is this going to put AI taffic for the airlines I select at all major airports or just some or do I have to put them at individual airports.Thanks,Ron

Guest MelvinRafi

Thanks, do you know the filename of the taxispeed program? I can't find it anywhere.I still haven't seen ANYTHING at any airport. Am I doing the right thing by simply downloading the Project AI auto intallers, installing them and doing nothing more?:) Melvin

airspeed.2.zip at fltsim.com. Please let me know how project ai works and how to use it.Thanks,Ron

Guest WorkingStiff

The Project AI packages have to be installed in a specific order.Install the base package; then Air France, Olympic Airways, then any other packages in alphabetic order.You may also need to check the config files to ensure they are pointing to the correct directories. Sometimes the installation routine does not work as expected.Ask these questions over in the Project AI forums; you'll get lots of expert help there.

You said,"I'm not really familiar with this AI Traffic stuff"Suggest checkig a commercial product called "My Traffic" at http://www.simmarket.com/online/mytraffic/This one you just install. Nothing else. Cheers

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

I installed the base and then added them in whatever order felt right to me, and it works just fine... and PAI's web site says nothing about any order other than that.What makes you say that it woudl require that you add Air France, Olympic, and then "any others in alphabetical order"? (not to sound rude, I'm just curious as to whether I'm actually missing something that appears to be working just fine)

Somewhere i said you must install Loympic and Air France to get some necessary files.Didn't say anything about Alphabetical order though.

>>do you know the filename of the taxispeed program? I can't find it anywhereLook for "Taxi Speed" available from "The Hermit" link below.

Guest MelvinRafi

Thanks for all the help guys - I've finally managed to get some AI Traffic running.:) Melvin