Sign in to follow this  

AI Traffic

I can't believe after 10 replies no-one has mentioned the use of AFCAD:download AFCAD and import some AFCAD files for an airport you like (if one is vailable) and go do some planespotting at htat airport

You didn't say anything about alpha order...WorkingStiff did, however.I'm just befuddled as to why that'd be necessary. If it is, I'll be happy to deinstall and reinstall just to get whatever benefit it may produce.

>I can't believe after 10 replies no-one has mentioned the >use of AFCAD: >download AFCAD and import some AFCAD files for an airport >you like (if one is vailable) and go do some planespotting >at htat airport Actually... Even without the idea of planespotting, importing an AFCAD airport over the default is a pretty fine idea simply to prevent having aircraft queue up all over your airport looking for someplace to park!

Sorry,but this appears to be the wrong file name.I can't find it now.Must have copied it down wrong.Sorry for posting bad info.Ron

Bring back Chief Illiniwek!University of Illinois.

>I can't believe after 10 replies no-one has mentioned the >use of AFCAD: >download AFCAD and import some AFCAD files for an airport >you like (if one is vailable) and go do some planespotting >at htat airportIf you just import AFCAD files you will still need to make flightplans. Doesn't increase traffic, just gates. I think Project AI was perfect for Melvin, less confusing and he can add flights later on. Let us know how it works for ya!Michael http://www.geocities.com/res052cd/cmhbanner.gif

Best, Michael

KDFW

1 Base package2 Air france3 Olympic4 Then the others as desired.you will need the LGAV scenery and the afcad file to see olympic planes LGAV is not in fs2002, its the new athens airport.There are many, many little quirks but generally everything is reasonably understandable. The biggest problem is the numbering of textures in the aircraft config.. fltsim.0 fltsim.1 fltsim.2 etc. each aircraft texture must have its own number or it won't show up. There is a problem by which after fltsim.2 or fltsim.3 the numbers do not continue on as you install them, you have to manually change these numbers to be consecutive... fltsim.3 fltsim.4 fltsim.5 etc... luckily though some airlines only have 1 or 2 different aircraft 737 a320 etc, so it usually doesn't take too long to edit them. another thing is that the BA callsign "BRITSH" needs to be replaced with "speed bird"... remember 2 words speed .. birdinstall one airline at a time and make sure it shows up before installing another one. Uninstalling only removes the aircraft textures not the flightplans. so a good idea is to regularly back up all the PAI aircraft folders the flight plans text file and the traffic BGL which are in scendb/atc, so you can easily return to a point where it was all working.more....?... :-)PeteI have found all this and more info over at PAI... read everything

As I understand it, the Air France and Olympic sets also include some Airports, which is why they need to be installed first.After that, I don't think it makes any difference on the order, as several of my sets were installed out of sequence with no detrimental results.As stated above, not all sets install exactly as they should, so you still need to check that: a) the new texture directories have been installed in the PAI aircraft directories.:( The new texture directories has been referenced correctly in the aircraft.cfg file.Once you get the hang of what's happening you may find it easier to select the custom option and unzip the new textures etc. to a temporary directory first, then install them manually. Once you've done this a few times its a snap !a) Unzip new livery to a temporary folder:( Move new texture folders to the respective PAI aircraft folderc) Edit aircraft.cfg file to reflect new liveriesd) Add new aircraft to the Aircraft.txt filee) Add any new airports to the Airports.txt filef) Add new flightplans to the Flightplans.txt fileg) Recompile !

>Once you get the hang of what's happening you may find it >easier to select the custom option and unzip the new >textures etc. to a temporary directory first, then install >them manually. Once you've done this a few times its a snap I actually have been doing that of late.. particularly when I have more than one install to do. Sitting through decompile, install, recompile several times is just a huge nuisance!