Sign in to follow this  
Howiefly13

Anyone using the Garmin 530?

Is anyone successfully using the Garmin 530? I am trying, but have not had much luck getting it to run. Yes, I have RTFM.Thanx a lot,Howard

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor

Hey Howard,Like rambleon suggested, go take a look in FSAvionics forum and see if they are looking at the problem you are having. If not, post a message with your particular problem and maybe someone has seen it/fixed it already.I musta' been one of the lucky ones (I guess...but I don't attribute it to luck) who has had it running "out of the box".It is fantastic when you get it going...and I'm suprised that the die-hard GA guys here have not been singing praises about it! :) There is something to be said for anything that can pull me out of the 767PIC panel for a weekend!..(And this Garmin unit does!)There seems to be some issues running it on 98 or ME, but I'm running XP so I haven't had those problems.I posted a screenshot in the SS forum that shows a pic of an approach I did with the Garmin. http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/DCForumID47/12036.htmlI hope you can get it up and running!Regards,Steve Dra

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

>that the die-hard GA guys here have not been singing praises >about it! :)I guess I am one of those die-hards but being die-hard fanatic I decided to skip this product and wait for equivalent Garmin from Reality-XP. They promise to deliver Garmin units with unbelieveably realistic display technology (no jaggies, smooth, etc). Truly for the most die-hards out of die-hards. ;-)Michael J.

Thanks Steve, I am running ME and that is the problem. They are aware and are working on it.Howard

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor

Michael,Ihave been unable to find info on anything other than thier Apollo stack units. What have you seen on Garmin units?Tony

Tony,Good points. The upcoming Meridian will come with Garmin 530 (included) but it won't be fully featured. But they will eventually enhance the unit and upgrade. I know this from their forum. You are right - there is not much about it on their website. They simply have the best technology in terms of avionics visuals (you can read about it) and I believe after getting Meridian it will be difficult for me to 'downgrade' to something less than cutting-edge.Michael J.a quote: .... We have announced a roadmap for a GNS530 add-on to the level of the Flight Line Avionics (that could be also striped down to a 430 since they share a lot of functionalities with just a different screen size). The Meridian will include a rendition of the GNS530 featured enough to fit the rest of the avionics already included with the aircraft (a lot of and never seen before in any other add-on for both the features and the accuracy, as you might already have noticed from the few screenshots and our 737 ADI demo). It is however too early to make any announcement about any price or promotional offer yet.

Danny,No, in fact I don't have any of their products. I am simply mesmerized by the recently published first shot of their Meridian project (with Flight1) and the potential revolution it may trigger in the avionics department. But until I put my hand on this product I can't of course be 100% sure.Michael J.

The FSAvionics GNS products are wrapped around Garmin's own stand-alone simulators. I will be very, very impressed if RealityXP can attain the same level of accuracy w.r.t. the real unit as compared to what FSAvionics is doing, because of that.What I'd rather see RealityXP do is an accurate emulation of the Bendix-King KLN94. This is the unit that is in the 172SP that I'm doing my instrument rating in, and it's a very capable unit in its own right. But - not even B-K themselves have a stand-alone simulator out yet for that product, although it is theoretically "on the way".IMO it would be a waste of RealityXP's efforts to re-implement the Garmin GNS units. And besides, they don't even have IFR enroute/terminal/approach capability for the UPS/Apollo stack that they have now - as an "owner" of that product, I'd like to see them complete that project first.Dave BlevinsKRHV

System: Asus P8Z68 Deluxe/Gen3 mobo *** i7 2700K @ 5gHz w/ Corsair H80 cooler

NVidia GTX 570 OC *** 8 GB 1600 Corsair Vengeance DRAM *** CoolerMaster HAF X case

System overclocked and tuned for FSX by fs-gs.com

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog stick/throttle & CH Products Pro Pedals

Various GoFlight panels *** PFC avionics stack

>RealityXP can attain the same level of accuracy w.r.t. the >real unit as compared to what FSAvionics is doing, because In my opinion the most important feature of the real Garmin units - certified GPS approaches will probably be unattainable for some time in either FSAvionics or Reality-XP units since it has to do with the internal database which could only be gotten from Jeppesen (probably for a hefty price).Michael J.

Unless I am completely missing something, GPS approaches are possible now in the FSGarmin products. The internal database in the standalone Garmin sim (and thus also in the FSGarmin sim) *is* the Jepp database, for all intents and purposes.dB.

System: Asus P8Z68 Deluxe/Gen3 mobo *** i7 2700K @ 5gHz w/ Corsair H80 cooler

NVidia GTX 570 OC *** 8 GB 1600 Corsair Vengeance DRAM *** CoolerMaster HAF X case

System overclocked and tuned for FSX by fs-gs.com

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog stick/throttle & CH Products Pro Pedals

Various GoFlight panels *** PFC avionics stack