Sign in to follow this  
Guest outtatimeiii

will my system handle FS2002?

It's time to upgrade sims, and whip out the ol' credit card.Question is- does anyone use a similar system to mine with FS2002?How are the frame rates with the sim itself or with add-ons such as mesh terrain, aircraft, etc. My specs are:P3 450256 RAMGeForce 2MX/200 64 MB30GB hard diskEytan OrnsteinEastern Virtual Airlines

FS2k2 will run on your system. IT's very scalable. You'll just have to turn the graphics down and won't be able to run much AI. What you really need to do is to buy FS2k2 and also buy a new computer. A really big one!! Then you'll be able to crank most everything to max and enjoy a real eye candy treat along with a great simulator.

>>Question is- does anyone use a similar system to mine with FS2002?Yes! Admittedly it's not my main system but it runs quite well.P2 400384mb ramATI 64mb ddr10gb hd

I'm running a P3 450 though with 512MB Ram locked at 18 fps with AI and scenery complexity, i.e buildings etc, turned right down. Th flying, spot views and even the weather are pretty good even with some processor hungry addons. The default stuff is no problem. It works surprisingly well, you'll definitely enjoy yourself, especially if you get the extra Ram.John

So you're saying RAM is the limiting factor here?I don't care much for the autogen scenery. From what I've seen, it looks pretty artificial without geographic variability. The AI though, adds life.I wonder, does the ATC put pressure on the system resources?Eytan

I'll most probably upgrade to a 1.4 Mhz processor with more RAM. Can't really afford a new computer yet, but I'm still buying lottery tickets...Eytan

Guest outtatimeiii

Yeah it would work, not the greatest fps, but it definately would work. FS2002 bearly worked on my AMD K6-2 400MHz with 192MB RAM running on a 16MB 3dfx Voodoo Banshee. FPS were in the low teens most of the time and with a complex model (just about anything FSDS), expect a fps of 4 LOL. Although I think the reason with the low fps was my piece of junk Banshee.My newer Athlon 1.2GHz system with a Radeon 7200 runs FS2002 absolutely perfect with all sliders maxed out.More detailed specs on addons:Most FSDS planes - Dont even think about it with a Voodoo BansheeGmax planes - FPS normally pretty good ("good" on a Banshee is 10fps)Addon scenery - Dont think about it with the Banshee, drops fps to 4.Dont let these low fps scare you LOL I just had a real junk system, your system really might do FS2002 quite well.Zack Thornton - outtatimeiii