Sign in to follow this  

Bizarre FSW SE problem

Guest goon

Hi,This is a strange one! When using the excellent FSW SE cloud utility, I only 'bog standard' clouds until the aircraft is airborne, then I get the full blown '3D' versions. If I'm in spot view with the AC on the ground, and use CTRL-Q to open up another spot window, and then advance it to an AI aircraft with CTRL-W then the clouds in the main view become proper FSW clouds. BUT, when I return to my AC in the CTRL-Q view, or close it, they instantly morph to 'bog standard' again.Anyone any ideas?Cheers,Gareth Evans

Hi, It's Msfs, when you open a new windows, sometime the clouds will appears flat like cirrus, by pressing the + or -, clouds can be like cirrus or in 3d..Fsw clouds are only bmp not new fs2k2 weather engine.Ps: We are not responsible to these anomaly in fs2002 :All Fs2k2 weather bugs or anomaly.ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFshttp://fsw.simflight.com/fsw.jpg

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Guest jase439

> sometime the clouds will appears flat like cirrus, by > pressing the + or -, clouds can be like cirrus or in 3dYes, Chris is correct. For performance reasons, FS will render clouds in a secondary window using "Low Detail" - which are the "flat dimensionless cirrus like" textures you describe.

Guest goon

I think I may not have described the situation correctly. I get the 2D 'default clouds' in my main window when the AC is on the ground, but as soon as I take off, they go to the proper FSW clouds.Similarly, if my AC is visible, on the ground, in the secondary window, then I get the 'flat' clouds too. As soon as I CTRL-Q to a flying AI aircraft, the clouds in the primary window become as FSW clouds, and so do the clouds in the secondary window.Please don't think I'm complaining about FSW SE in any way, it's a fantastic addon, and free too! I just thought it was an interesting 'phenomenon'. Keep up the great work Chris!Cheers,Gareth Evans

Guest goon

OK, a little more! Disregard the secondary window stuff, having an aircraft that is above 3000 Ft seems to be the trigger. When my AC climbs above 3000 the beautiful FSW clouds blossom. When it descends below 3000, they disappear. Climb past again and they reappear, etc!Very strange!Again, I'm not complaining about FSW in ANY way, just discussing an interesting occurence.Later.....

Hi, Same thing, any windows opened or playing with your view, or when the aircraft is 5000 feet below or above the clouds altitude, the clouds will appears like flat cirrus and reappears in 3d etc.."When it descends below 3000, they disappear. Climb past again and they reappear, etc"Yes Msfsthe aircraft is below or above the clouds altitude range, the clouds will appears like flat cirrus and reappears in 3d cumulus etc..ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFshttp://fsw.simflight.com/fsw.jpg

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Guest goon

Ok, thanks Chris. Could have sworn I got '3d' clouds with the old FSW cloud thingy though. Not a problem, those new clouds are beautiful.Reagrds,Gareth Evans

Guest goon

In the screenshot forum, JerryT has a thread SF-260 nad FSW clouds'. The second shot shows '3D' FSW clouds with the aircraft on the ground.

I know I used to get 3D clouds when on the ground. When I tried the new FSW clouds, I was convinced that they weren't working because the clouds were all flat when on the ground. It was only when I got up to about 3000' that they popped into 3D.

Yep, I get them on the ground OK. The only problem I'm having now is getting Lagos' FSSound and them to play together nice. :)

Guest goon

Ok, thanks JerryT. I wonder what are the differences are between our systems?I run WindowsXP, with FSMeteo on a separate machine talking to FlightSim through WideFS. Could you post your settings from FSUIPC for comparison?Cheers,Gareth Evans

When I get home I'll post them. What settings are you looking for from FSUIPC, any specific? I'm not running FSMeteo or wide FS, maybe thats where the glitch is. I also am running Win XP.

Guest goon

To be honest, I don't know what settings in FSUIPC! I just wanted to compare them. The major difference seems to be that you are not using WIDEFS or FSMeteo, which is an approach I haven't tried yet. One for later when I get home!Cheers,Gareth Evans

Guest goon

OK! This does appear to be a 'third party weather generator' problem. FSMeteo and Weather Centre 1.1 running on the Flight Sim machine with WideFS disabled are unable to show FSW 3D clouds with the aircraft on the ground. If you set weather in FS manually, they appear perfectly.I don't know what I'm missing here, but I used to get 3D clouds with FSW (1st edition) and WideFS and FSmeteo....Thanks for any ideas,Gareth Evans

Hi, Fix availablehttp://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/DCForumID8/12594.htmlBut Your problem thats you are talking is when the aircraft is in the ground and the clouds are above near 5000 feet, they will not appears in 3d, but in flat whispy clouds like cirrus and when the aircraft will climb, they will reappears in 3d. It's Msfs.Again the clouds range layers altitude Vs the Aircraft altitude , this is how Ms render the clouds.Default fs2002 clouds. Same clouds formation and you will see 2 different clouds visual according to your aircraft altitude. 2d and 3d.

Kind Regards
Chris Willis