Sign in to follow this  
LAdamson

CFS3 and FS2002 Compatibility?

I don't own CFS3 yet and may or may not. What I would like to know from those that have it now, are we able to import FS2002 in CFS3 the way we could import FS2000 into CFS2?If that is possible, I will probably get it, if not, I may get it sometime, but I am not really into combat sims. Thanks for any and all response.

Guest DaveKDEN

Unfortunately, I don't think so. Based on articles I've seen, the CFS series will diverge from the civil FS series. CFS-3 has already done this with it's aircraft models. My guess is there are areas of incompatability between scenery files. However, I haven't yet recieved my copy of CFS-3 yet so I'm not 100% certain.Dave

I'f you get a glimps of CFS3, you probably won't want to import FS2002. I don't see any advantages...... unless possibly the clouds. CFS2 had many advantages for importing, but I don't see much of a reason here.L.Adamson

Thanks Larry,I was hoping you would answer. :)I thought that perhaps if FS2002 was importable, that CFS3 would be a better engine, even as FS2000 was to CFS2. Hoping it would be a short preview of FS2004.Ah Well, hope springs eternal. :-lol

Guest CX001

I was really hoping to put the CFS3 P-80 and XP-55 into FS2002, but the aircraft are totally different. Instead of the:Aircraft Model Panel Sound Texture cfg air fileThere is a Aircraft folder with a sound folder within, but no other folders, just strange file types for the model, textures, options, etc. :-(

>Hoping it would be a short preview of FS2004. >After using CFS3 for two days, I hope it is not a preview of FS2004. For some dumb reason, they've even changed many keyboard commands. And the spot view camera is "spot welded" to the aircraft like in FLY. That seems to take the look of flying out of it! Now I feel like flying a "puppet" tied to stiff strings when in spot view.The cockpits are nothing to brag about, but the instruments DO look good for WWII basic black and whites. And they have a much faster gauge update rate than FS2002. The ocean looks pretty good though! :)L.Adamson