Sign in to follow this  
brucek

Anyone tried the Detonator 41.03's???

I just got them today from guru3d... I must say wow! I didn't think it could get much better then the 40.72's. But FS2002 is brighter and smoother, and I'm getting a steady 10% increase in FPS. It's interesting, but not surprising that my 3DMark score dropped by about 100 points but my FS performance went way up. Of course, not everyone will have the same results. Anyone else want to comment on their performance with the new Dets?Sincerely,Phil Geddes

Guest jase439

Ditto. These drivers are fast. The control panel layout is improved as well. 3DMark score went up to 12188 (from 11600 w/ the 30.82's and 12059 with the 40.72's).No visual problems so far either. Seems to have cured the remaining visual anomalies that were introduced in XP SP1 as well (specifically with FSAA). Nice.J

Hi, will these Drivers work on XP HOME?Jim Alcorn

I'm using 40.72 with my XP1800+/Ti4200 with very good results. I'm thinking of trying the 41.03's but they are not yet in the nVidia archive (in fact the last official WHQL version is still 30.82s).Can anyone tell my why these are only at guru3d and not yet at nVidia? Are they still "alpha" at guru3d, and "beta" when they get into the driver archive at nVidia.....or what?Just wanted a bit more info on the release process before I install something that is not at least on the nVidia site.Thanks, Steve J.

Guest Stratus_Fractus

Jase, what kind of a system do you have?

could these drivers be used with a GForce3 card?Kilstorm

Guest jase439

These are the first "beta/developer" release of the next driver series. It is rumored that these will be the drivers which support the new NV30. That remains to be seen, however.I'm sure these drivers are a long ways off from WHQL certification, so if you aren't keen on installing experimental/beta drivers, I recommend you stick with your 40.72's.J

Guest jase439

Yes. All GeForce cards are supported.

Guest jase439

P4 2.4B (Northwood)533 Mhz Mainboard (MSI 645G Max Pro-L)512MB Corsair XMS PC3200 DDR RAM (Timings: 2-2-2-5)GF4 Ti4600XP Pro SP1

Hmm...I'm glad they are working out for some. I tried them today and had to roll back. They caused my FSNAV to half load or load and then spring back to FS. Also everytime I cycled views there was a 1 to 2 second pause. Oh well...depends on the system I guess.BTW I'm running AMD 2000+, 512, GE4 TI4600.Dang..I was encouraged by the positive posts early in the day.

Guest jase439

That's a bummer. Alas, there is never a one-shoe-fits-all solution when it comes to video drivers. What drivers were you running previously?

What's the deal in changing video card drivers in XP Home? With Win98, I used to change back to basic drivers (VGA), then reload the new drivers. Is this necessary in XP?- or can anyone recommend a procedure?Thanks,Bruce.