Sign in to follow this  
brucek

Anyone tried the Detonator 41.03's???

Guest jase439

While not always necessary, it is still a recommended practice that you uninstall and then reinstall. There were issues for people going from 30.82 to 40.xx that was due to a failure to uninstall the old drivers.J

Guest flightpro08

Indeed. Un-installing your old driver is basically a must, especially when upgrading/downgrading from the det 40 series. It was rumored over at www.guru3d.com that some offical nVidia webpage has started recommending that you un-install your drivers before installing new ones. Though, I can't confirm this by any means.Ryan-Flightpro08 :-cool VATSIM Pilot/ControllerZLA ARTCC Senior Controller (C-3)SAN TRACON Lead [link:www.taxiwaysigns.com|Taxiwaysigns.com] Scenery Designer-----------------------------My "Home Made" System Specs:Intel Pentium 4 2.2GHz ProcessorTurbo Gamer ATX Mid-Tower with 420W Power SupplyEPoX 4G4A Motherboard with Intel 845G ChipsetVisiontek XTASY GeForce4 128MB Ti4600 (Det 41.03 Drivers)512MB PC2100 DDR RAM40GB Matrox 7200RPM Hard DriveWindows XP Home Edition SP1*No CPU or GPU Overclocking*3dMark2001SE Score: 11298-----------------------------Click [link:ftp.avsim.com/library/esearch.php?DLID=&Name=&FileName=&Author=Ryan+Fretwell&CatID=Root]Here to Download my New American Eagle POSKY CRJ-200!

Thanks Jase, and flightpro08:So- is this the same as the Win98 routine, change drivers to basic VGA in DM, then load new drivers? I see an option in DM to :Uninstall Driver", which may be also what you guys are referring to.Thanks,Bruce.

XP procedure:1) remove old driver via XP's Add/Remove routine.2) reboot, ignoring the warnings, etc (the screen will be big wnd ugly)3) if going from 30.xx drivers to 40.xx drivers, use the 30.xx-to-40.xx program available at guru3d.com (follow the instructions)4) install the new drivers (the .exe will do the installation for you)5) enjoy (don't forget to reboot when instructed)option) get Riva Tuner and patch the drivers to enable negative LOD.Hope this helps some. It worked for me.AMD XP2100+1 gig Samsung DDRSoyo Dragon Ultra moboWin XP Home (with SP1)Brad

Thanks for the useful information, much appreciated, Brad.Bruce.