Sign in to follow this  
Guest RiddlePilot

OH NO! Please help? Windows Gurus!!!

I went to remove the Varig Log 727 from my add/remove box in control panel and it gave me a box that said remove from add/remove and I hit yes. IT REMOVED EVERYTHING from my uninstall panel! Is there a way to restore that without system restore? Until tonight that was not "checked" in performance. Did I sc!%# the pooch on this one? Will I have to manually remove programs? What does that do to the registry?TIA,JasonWindows ME (YUK!)

I've installed the Varig Log 727/DC-10 and delete both without problems using WinXP. Did you try rebooting your computer, to see if the Add/Remove items reappeared? The uninstall did leave two menu items to the Real Flight website - www.realflight.com.br , if you still have a problem and want to give them an informational message!!!

Thanks for replying, but I think it was a goof on my part. When I tried to uninstall via the add/remove option it gave an error (I already manually deleted it). A box came up and I cannot remember the exact terminology, but it wanted to know if I wanted to remove the programs in the add/remove box. I hit yes (by habbit or impulse I guess) and it wiped all the programs out. I guess it's no big deal as long as I don't want to remove the programs. I wish there was a way to fix that without formatting and reinstalling all my programs (system restore was inactive but it is now ....too late huh?). I might just upgrade to Windows XP. What ya think?Thanks,Jason

Guest Jaaky

Jason,Run System Restore in the following way:Startbutton | Run | then typing:C:WINDOWSSYSTEMRESTORERSTRUI.EXEand click OK.

Guest RiddlePilot

go to http://jv16.org and download RegCleaner. That will bring up a list of all installed programs and you can uninstall it through that. Since the files are already gone, you can simply remove it from the add/remove list. This program also removes all invalid registry entries (one is left behind every time you download a zip file). Try it out.