Sign in to follow this  
Guest fjruiz

MRAI Installer

You are no doubt aware that the MRAI Website closed at the end of September. They said that they intended to uplaod their files to AVSIM, but this doesn't appear to have happened.There are lots of MRAI flightplan packages in the AVSIM library, but unfortunately not the MRAI Installer.I am surprised that no-one seems to have suggested uploading the Installer package to the AVSIM library.I have a copy of the MRAI Installer V1.24, which I believe is the latest one. Would there be any objection to my uploading it to the AVSIM library?David Hanstater

Guest iholrf

Read the license that comes with the package. In it should be clear limitations to its distribution. If there are none, and you can demonstrate that the package is legit and unmodified by you, and there is no website with the distribution rights listed, then you might be able to get away with posting it on your own site.I doubt AVSIM would post it without explicit permission, but I should not answer for them.CheersShad

Shad,The licence says that it is forbidden to distribute the package without the author's written permission. Unfortunately, my e-mail to them has been returned as undeliverable, I suspect as a direct result of the closure of the MRAI website.It looks as though the authors have relinquished their rights to this freeware package, so I wonder if AVSIM would consider it safe for me to upload it to the library.David Hanstater

Not responding to your email, or in fact not having an email address at all does not "relinguish" their rights. AVSIM will not allow an upload such as this unless and until WE get explicit written permission for the orginal author(s) to do so. Otherwise, we would be violating their right to control their product.

Tom,In take your point, but I think it's a pity that the authors, having decided to close their website, should have failed to carry out their intention to make their files available on other websites.Let's hope they visit this forum and do something to help.David Hanstater

Guest Arnt Helge

Hi,I am working on a completely "new" MRAI Installer rewritten in C# .NET. That is why I have not uploaded the old installer to avsim. We do not want to upload the old one to avsim at this point, because the new one i just around the corner. All the MRAI flightplans will also be uploaded to Avsim when they have been adapted to the new MRAI Installer. I will make proper announcements around different FS forums when everything is ready for download. In the mean time you can download the old installer form Peter van der Veen's website here:http://aita2004.pvdveen.net/download.htmRegards,Arnt Helge Haaland

Arnt,Thanks for your reply. This is good news. I'll keep an eye open for it.

WOW. Thanks Arnt.JimCYWG

>Arnt,>>Thanks for your reply. This is good news. I'll keep an eye>open for it.Oi, I'm a registered user!David GH

>Hi,>>I am working on a completely "new" MRAI Installer rewritten in>C# .NET. That is why I have not uploaded the old installer to>avsim. We do not want to upload the old one to avsim at this>point, because the new one i just around the corner. All the>MRAI flightplans will also be uploaded to Avsim when they have>been adapted to the new MRAI Installer. I will make proper>announcements around different FS forums when everything is>ready for download. In the mean time you can download the old>installer form Peter van der Veen's website here:>http://aita2004.pvdveen.net/download.htm>>Regards,>>Arnt Helge HaalandHi Arnt:Have you completed the "new" MRAI Installer? If so where can I find it?Thanks,David

Guest fjruiz

What about all the actual MRAI flight plans?Will those also be available for future download as well?Would be a shame to loose all those AI plans that were so simple to install with this program.Frank