Sign in to follow this  

FSSky SE and FSMeteo

Hi there,Is there any means that these two programs work together?If so can someone please explain how to configure these two programs so that with the updates of FsMeteo every 6 minutes, then FSSky will update with the proper clouds that are found in the area flying in at the moment.Thanks for your help - anyoneRegards,Emann.

Hope you don't mind Emann, but I would like to know also. So putting your post back to the top.

I too would like to know also. Additionally, I have seen posts saying to change it to Auto-Install to 3 min. Do we select Install & Run FS after that? Do we keep the program running? What are the cloud packs we should install with it? Sorry, I am just a little confused with this. But the clouds are great!!! I love them... TIA.Nathan

Guys,If you look at other posts in this forum you will see that Chris has said he is working with Pete for a solution in Widefs/FSUIPC that will fix the FS Meteo/Sky World problem.

I'm not running Widefs, so what has that got to do with the question? Sorry for being so stupid.

Guest KenG

Of course the 2 work together. Just load up FSSW and select AutoRandom for whatever time interval makes you happy. I set mine in the clouds.ini file to default to 10 minutes. That way, when FSMeteo reloads the weather every 6 minutes, I'll get nice new clouds on some of those times and not on others. Set it to whatever you want. By using AutoRandom, you don't have to select any specific cloud pack. That's what AutoRandom means: the program will automatically select a random cloud pack to load every X minutes.This is how I understand it. Realize that each cloud pack will have ALL the clouds in them. That is, the packs that talk about Thunderstorms will also have stratus and cumulus clouds. However, the thunderstorm clouds will look a little more menacing than some of the other packs. For example, if FSMeteo reports that the skies are clear, none of the clouds will be displayed. If FSMeteo indicates few clouds at 3500, then you'll probably see puffy cumulus clouds. If FSMeteo shows CB's, then you'll see those thunderboomers that were included in the Thunderstorm pack. However, if another pack has loaded, then the thunderstorm clouds from that new pack will be shown.Anyway, here's what I do.I launch FSSW with 10 minute AutoRandom presetI hit the Install and Run buttonFS2002 loads, I get my plane and location setOnce the plane is on the ground, I load FSMeteo and hit Start.I fly aroundI landI hit Exit in FS2002I close FSMeteoI close FSSWI go watch TVI go to bedI rinse, wash, and repeat!

Thank you very much. That answered my question.

Hi KenG,I have tried using the settings as mentioned in your post and all I get is the same clouds of MSFS2002 loaded up. When I then loaded up some clouds from FSSky and then started again the sim and FSMeteo, the clouds came up again but with the textures that I had chosen at the beginning and there were no standard FS2002 clouds.So maybe I did not understand the procedure correctly and if you be so kind to tell me again how are you doing it to achieve proper clouds through the use of FSMeteo - I would be very grateful.Regards,Emann.

Guest flightpro08

FS Sky World 2002 and FSMETEO are both completely different programs, and can be used just fine with one another.FS Sky World 2002: A program that installs FSW cloud and sky textures over the default cloud and sky textures. It does not generate any weather.FSMETEO: A real-time weather generater that simply imputs wind, cloud, visibility, and other weather settings into FS2k2. Basically, it's just telling the clouds that you have installed where to go, and to determine which tytpe of cloud is needed (cumulus, thunderstorm, etc.)Overall, I think there is a big misperception about these two programs. They can used used perfectly together without any kind of modifications. Simply install the clouds and sky you like with FS Sky World 2002, and then run the sim as normal using FSMETEO to generate your weather. I've used by individual cloud packs from FSW and FS Sky World for many months with FSMETEO, and I couldn't be happier.Ryan-Flightpro08 :-cool VATSIM Pilot/ControllerZLA ARTCC Senior Controller (C-3)SAN TRACON Lead [link:www.taxiwaysigns.com|Taxiwaysigns.com] Scenery Designer-----------------------------My "Home Made" System Specs:Intel Pentium 4 2.2GHz ProcessorTurbo Gamer ATX Mid-Tower with 420W Power SupplyEPoX 4G4A Motherboard with Intel 845G ChipsetVisiontek XTASY GeForce4 128MB Ti4600 (Det 41.03 Drivers)512MB PC2100 DDR RAM40GB Matrox 7200RPM Hard DriveWindows XP Home Edition SP1*No CPU or GPU Overclocking*3dMark2001SE Score: 11298-----------------------------Click [link:ftp.avsim.com/library/esearch.php?DLID=&Name=&FileName=&Author=Ryan+Fretwell&CatID=Root]Here to Download my New American Eagle POSKY CRJ-200!

Ryan,the normal install function works normal of course in combination with FSMeteo,but it's the auto install function with the time interval that causes some questions as Fsmeteo updates its weather every 6 minutes (also selectable I believe): I guess many people (including me) want the refresh of clouds right at the same time when FSMeteo updates its information,otherwise FS Sky Weatherchanges your clouds suddenly which may seem a bit unrealistic

Hi, You should set your time setting little less then the update from the 3rd parry weather generatorYou can set Auto Install 2,3,4,5, 6, 7, 12, 10 min etcAlso if you like previous version , Just turn off in your cloud.iniCloud.ini(AutoRefresh)RefreshCloud=off <----------------WaitTimeAfterClear=20IncTime=15DecTime=15ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFshttp://fsw.simflight.com/fsw.jpg

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Can somebody explain to me what Chris is trying to say? Are we to set the Random time lower than than the FS Meteo time of 6 minutes? What does he mean by turn off your RefreshCloud in the ini file? If FS Meteo indicates a change in the clouds as you fly, will not your clouds change if you turn this off?

Eric 

Hi, If you set auto install 5 min and RefreshCloud to off and fs meteo to 6min.New cloud set will be intalled in fs2002 before Fsmeteo update the weather, so fs meteo will be able to update the new texture.If you set auto install 5 min and RefreshCloud On and Fs meteo to 6min.Fs sky world will refresh it self the weather with gradual coverage and ex: if already cumulus is (3/8) this will happend 3/8 2/8 1/8, 0/8, 1/8, 2/8 3/8 with new clouds set.And FSmeteo will updated it again at 6min but with the real world metar.You can set it after 6 min, but the first update will not happend if auto install is set after 6 min, only after they will updated.ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFshttp://fsw.simflight.com/fsw.jpg

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Chris,Thanks for your assistance and wonderful program. I think I am getting the hang of it to use it with FsMeteo. I am setting it up with the correct intervals and using refresh clouds to off.Just one question - what settings shall we put the FSSW clouds i.e. put it to random or load up a set of clouds we prefer. If we put it to random is there any relation between the actual clouds of the flying situation to the ones loaded from FSSW?Looking forward for your reply,Regards,Emann.