Sign in to follow this  
Guest N247BK

Cessna421 or SenecaV?

Guest N247BK

OK!I have been given $25 by my wife to invest in one (and only one, as she demanded!) shareware aircraft until FS2004 is available.Which should I "invest" in: the Flight1 C-421, or the new FSD Seneca V?Both look really good to me in pictures.Please help.

Guest freequest

well i have both but i like the senecaV i think its a lot easyer to fly then the cessna 421... the 421 has lots to do when your flying though.. they are both very nice models but my prefrance is for the seneca V..:-)

Depends on whats important for you. They are both good aircraft. I don't have the 421, but have the Seneca along with several others. I hear that the Cessna is more graphic intensive, which might be a consideration depending on your system. I love the Seneca, but am a little dissapointed because I did expect more from the hype and what others said, but it is still a fine aircraft. Great flight model, very smooth. Hope this helpsMichael http://www.geocities.com/res052cd/cmhbanner.gif

Best, Michael

KDFW

Hi,I have both and I think it depends on your personal preference which one too choose. I can't comment on the flight models since I'm not a real pilot, but they both fly very nice.Personally I like the cockpit of the C421 a bit better, the graphics are just a tiny bit more real. Also the C421 has a Garmin530 look-alike GPS.As aircraft I like the Seneca better, just a matter of personal preference.My 2 cents,Egbert

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

I have both and like the 421C better. I'm sure you'll be happy with either plane, but if visibility is an issue, get the 421. And if you make more than very short flights the 421 gets you there at a respectable speed while the Seneca is suprisingly slow.

Guest DaveKDEN

I just bought the Seneca V, and have flown the C421 on a friends computer. Both are visually stuning, but at $18.50, the Seneca is a MUCH better value (IMO). Also, the team at FSD is constantly updating their products to reflect users requests. Latest news is the possibility of 'decoupling' the default FS2002 GPS from the radio stack and adding a functional CB panel. Check out some of the latest posts at the FSD forum. I admit I have a tough time purchasing any payware aircraft, but once you get above $20.00, I bail, no matter how good it is! Funny, if Flight1 had priced the C421 more reasonably (below $20.00), I'd have bought it (and I bet there are many more out there like me). As for $35.00 for a Piper Meridian - FORGET IT!!! Come on folks - it's ONE add-on plane (and I don't care how good it is).DavePS; Use the extra cash to buy a nice pack O' beer.PPS; The Seneca's a bit friendlier on FPS.

Guest UweR

Hi, it was this lacking functionality of the flight director and, more importantly, FSD

I agree. Landing view is a big selling point for me. Not to mention complete lack of functionality of FSD's Flight Director (as Tord mentioned above) - hard to grasp but after so many months (years) FSD is still incapable of delivering this vital piece of avionics. Michael J.

The 421 FOR SURE!!!!Much better performance, appearance, flyability... You name it, the 421 is 100Times better than the Seneca V.

Dave brings up a couple of excellent points. The Seneca does have a fantastic bang for the buck. And FSD is already talking about fixes and enhancements coming soon. See this thread:http://www.flightsimnetwork.com/dcforum/DC...ID10/31474.htmlSo if value is your concern, the Seneca wins hands-down. Just be willing to sacrifice some visibility (not too much) and speed (a lot).Cheers.

Guest DaveKDEN

100X better???? That's pretty impressive. Must not have been the C421 I've seen. ;-)Dave

I don't have the Seneca, but I have to say that I couldn't be happier with my 421C purchase. I like the fact that it falls into the GA niche, yet can cruise in the flight levels.... It's a great aircraft....

Must not have been the C421 I've seenMaybe you better check again ;-)