Sign in to follow this  
gregger

Bill G ERJ autopilot issue

This has been danced around a few times but never answered to a point I can understand. How do you change an altitude selection while in a climb or descent? For instance I am climbing at 2000FPM to a selected altitude of 23000. ATC clears me to 31000... I set 31000 in ALT and it still levels off at 23000. If I cycle the ALT button it will select the new altitude, but I have to hit VS again and it goes back to the default 600 FPM climb. What is the proper sequence for selecting a new altitude when in a climb... keeping a steady 2000FPM climb without bouncing back down to 600? I've tried to read the manual, but can't find a clear answer.Also, the plane that comes with the panel... strobes and position lights are big and blurry... not so on the Mike Stone plane. Any fix for that? LOVE the plane/panel though! EddieKSLC

Guest P3_Super_Bee

looked in the aircraft.cfg file there is no default climb setting, you might try adding this line under the autopilot section:'default_vertical_speed=2000.0 If doesn't fix problem just remove above line and all will be back to original.As for the lights, haven't had this aircraft loaded in awhile, to know what you are talking about. But it sounds maybe like a FSDS model problem with FS2002. Some things are different from the FS2000 to the FS2K2 night lighting. The easiest fix? move panel to Mike Stone's GMAX version. Easiest way is just copy the panel folder in the ERJ w/ Bill's panel into Mike aircraft file. :-outtahttp://publish.hometown.aol.com/p3superb/images/675-2fs.jpg

>Also, the plane that comes with the panel... strobes and >position lights are big and blurry... not so on the Mike >Stone plane. Any fix for that? Yeah, download the FS2002 versions, available at the avsim file library. A search for my name (Nick Botamer) should produce them. I released 4 sets, and others have repainted my models as well.

Hi Eddie,I dial in the new altitude and then cycle the VS. Used to work perfectly (in the older version) but now, if you're close to your original target altitude, the VS will revert to -600 fpm, even if you're in a -2500 expedited descent. Don't know the solution to that, but that's how I've always done it. Maybe that default_vertical_speed parameter that Jeff mentioned above would have an effect there. I pretty much exclusively use VS because I find the SPD and FLC modes a bit flaky -- probably just not using them properly. . .Good luck,Greghttp://www3.sympatico.ca/gregory.moffatt/Bell_Dusk.jpg

The default VS when initially entering the mode from ALT is hardcoded into the panel. The reset to 600fpm on the descents when cycling the VS button is a bug that will be corrected in an upcoming patch. The SPD and FLC work exactly as they are supposed to. They are pitch for speed modes which use pitch to hold a selected airspeed during a climb or descent. Be gentle with the throttles when entering one of these modes.

That's great to hear, Kevin! The support for this add-on is exceptional.As for the FLC and SPD modes, yeah, I know :) They're tricky -- for SPD it's really important to have your speed stabilized before you hit the button. And adjust it very, very, slowly.Anyways, thanks for the heads up. I love this panel.All the best,Greghttp://www3.sympatico.ca/gregory.moffatt/Bell_Dusk.jpg