Sign in to follow this  

MSFS2002 ATC Problems

Help,I keep getting problems when trying to fly a flight-plan with MSFS2002 and ATC. Everything seems to be going well, I get my clearance, I taxi to the runway, I get handed off to approach who gives me a vector, BUT then they never turn me to my final course. They keep handing me off to other ATC controllers, giving me altimiter settings and altitude, but I am still going about 45 degrees off of the course that I should be.If I try to turn to the course that I should be on, ATC tells me that I should expedite my turn back to the original vector that I had been given... I have gone this way for over 20 minutes, and on a flight from Denver to San Francisco end up in the middle of New Mexico before I get so upset that I just quit. Any ideas??Thanks in advance!

On the ground clearance delivery gave me my IFR clearance before taxing.

How far away from the destination were you when you started making approach changes? The first time I flew i got within 15 nm of the airport before ATC started giving me approach vectors. It all depends on the altitude, just wait and if all else fails and nobody here manages to help, cancel your IFR and fly the approach on your own.Scott

It is not at the approach end where I am having problems... It is at the departure end! Essentially I get an initial turn from departure control (which is not to my ultimate heading, but rather 1/2 way there from the runway heading (e.g. runway heading 80, I get cleared to heading 195, but I should be flying 270)... If I kept flying on this course (and it seems like ATC would let me do so), I would get nowhere NEAR my final destination. I don't even get started on my flight really. This is in a flight that is say 1000 miles long.

I've had this happen several times as well. It appears to happen when your departure heading is very close to 180 degrees from your initial flight plan heading. ATC seems to never turn you to intercept your course. Sometimes if I just initiate a turn towards my course heading, that will prompt ATC to give me an intercept vectore. There have been a couple of times where ATC refused to vector me on course. My guess is a bug in the ATC system. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.