Sign in to follow this  
brucek

FS2002 AI Aircraft without Textures?...

I've found that after I've been flying Mel's great B744 (with PSS panel) for over an hour and landing, that my AI aircraft (PAI) have no textures. I restart FS2002, and all appears OK again. Any ideas?P4 1.8G Northwood512M PC-2100 DDRGeForce 3 64M Ti200Thanks,Bruce.

Guest Joshieca

Check your "aircraft.cfg" file and make sure that the texture folder names match what's listed there.For more info on this, go to my website (click FSTIMES below), and head toward the HELP CENTER...From there you will find a help document on the "aircraft.cfg" file.[br][br][div align=center][br][link:members.cox.net/fstimes/wetimage.html]Click Here For Weather Image of the Day!

Thanks, I will.However, the issue appears to be not always there, only after flying with the great Meljet/PSS combo for an hour or so. Once I restart FS, it's OK again. Thanks- and I will check your idea out.Bruce.

Another appoach... how much video/tecxture RAM has Your video card? Mel's model is quite complex, if You have a complex scenery where You fly to, the texture memory might be full with the 747 and scenery textures... (had this problem in FS2K days with a 16MB card...)TM

Guest Joshieca

I would agree with TM...even with my GF4 Ti4600 video I sometimes get "greyed" airplane texture at busy aiports...although this usually only lasts a few seconds and then it clears up.But since you are using a GF3 with 64mb it shouldn't be occuring that much and it shouldn't last for more than a few seconds. Trying toying around with your settings....Your AA settings, your filtering, how much auto gen you have, your max visible distance, all of those play a big role in how much your computer can handle. Try lowering them seeing if that helps.