Sign in to follow this  

Headphones Recommendation

Hi folks,I was reading through the posts this morning, and noticed one from a guy who strongly suggested using headphones for Flight Sim. Sounds like a great idea, and would definitely keep my wife a lot happier! She's sick of hearing the Dash 8 roaring through the sky! ;-) In any case, for those who are currently using headphones, what type of headset are you using? Brand name? Model? I was out to the Future Shop over lunch and was overwhelmed with all the different ones. Since I am not up to par on my stereo knowledge, I know not what to buy in this department. I'm looking for a good set with a volume control on it. Would be a major pain to have to kick out to the desktop to increase/decrease the volume. Good sound with bass would be preferable.Thanks in advance for all your suggestions/recommedations!Regards,Gord NoseworthyNewfoundland, Canada (CYYT)

Guest WorkingStiff

I have two that I use interchangeably for simming.I use a Labtec Axis -302 that retails here in the US for $17.95. I also have a Plantronics Audio 90 headset that retails for $29.95. Both of these have noise-canceling microphones that can be used for other applications but the Plantronics Audio 90 has better sound reproduction.http://www.labtec.com/index.cfm?page=gear/...01&languageid=1http://www.plantronics.com/north_america/e...peId=cat1430032

Guest jase439

If you do any online flying w/ Roger Wilco, I suggest you look for a headset/mic combo.

Actually, I already own a headset with a mic attached, but the sound is not all that great on them. I guess I am looking more for a stereo set than anything. Any other suggestions?Gord NoseworthyNewfoundland, Canada (CYYT)

Guest RiddlePilot

I'm lucky enough to have the SB Audigy Platinum and am able to use my onboard card without conflict. I have the FS sounds coming out of my Altec Lansing system and use a converter box to use my David Clark headset with the onboard for Roger Wilco. Talk about realism...To answer the question, I have some Aiwa HP-X222 headphones that I plug up sometimes when my roomate's asleep (which he does often, not only at night). They're about 50 bucks at Best Buy and sound real nice and they're comfortable too. Nice long 9' cord too, incase your PC is a ways away from your seat.

I'm also a fan of the Plantronics products. I have the Audio 90 model as well and am very pleased with the performance during multiplayer sessions.Rick

For stereo, there's nothing quite like the Koss Pro 4AA, imo. Originally produced in the 60's, its been temporarily put back into production for a limited time now. I got mine at JandR.com== WHK ==