Sign in to follow this  

Including Pictures With Posts

Could someone tell me how to include a screenshot picture with a post? I tried attachment at the bottom of the posting page and then browse, but I didn't know what type of picture to check - JPEG or GIF. I just saved the picture while flying using PrintScreen. I keep getting an "Error - Can't Submit" message. Thanks. :-hmmm

Hey Flaps30,First thing is when you take your screen shot using PrintScreen is to transfer the image from the clipboard to an image editing package like MS Paint so you can save the image as a JPG or GIF. If you're not doing this step this could explain why you're not finding your picture.Here's a step by step of how I do it. I'm sure other steps may vary but I think we all basicall do the same thing :-)1) Hit PrintScreen to capture my screen shot.2) Pause flightsim and open up PhotoShop3) Create a new blank "image" and paste the captured image from the clipboard to my new blank image.4) Resize the image to 700x5255) Save the image as a JPG in a specific FS2K2 screen shot directory. (makes it easier finding the pictures when posting them on-line)6) Click on the "Click here to choose your file" link, browse to my FS2K2 screen shot directory and select my new JPG file.7) Click on "Upload File" and I'm done!Something to keep in mind is that while an image is resized to 700x525, it still may be over the KB upload size limit. I've found that saving the file as a JPG and playing around with the compression settings, I can get a good quality picture with a really small file size.If this all sounds like gobbly-goop now, fear not, once you do this once or twice, you'll get the hang of it real quick. If you need more help, post here or drop me an e-mail.Good luck!Mikehttp://www.members.shaw.ca/madamo/boeingsig.jpg

Thanks Mike for the detailed instructions. I did use MS Paint. I do not have another photo editing program. All I did was save it along with some other FS photos I took to use as Windows wallpaper.(I think I used BMP.) I will give it another try and save it as a JPEG and see if that works. Thanks again :-wave