Sign in to follow this  
michal

Good scenery?

Guest twsimfan

I have a new system on it's way. It has a fair amount of horsepower:

P4@2.8GHz 533MHz MoBo / 1GB PC1066 RDRAM / ATI Radeon 9700 Pro video card.

I want to try to get back into FS02... with this power I am hoping to find it more enjoyable. I have been a FS user since 1981 and A2-FS1. But I have found recent versions awkward. I want to get some good hi-res scenery. I am especially interested in several areas:The Pacific Northwest. Not just Seattle... but Tacoma, Olympia, Vancouvers (both of them), Portland, Victoria, and the area in general.Colorado. Denver in particular but the whole state.Idaho & Oregon.California.Southern UKIn that order. (Others too but those are my higher priorities.)I'm willing to look at both downloadable freeware and purchased packages. I assume that there is a lot of stuff out there by this time. Could some of you please point me toward some of the very best?

If you have the slightest interest in general aviation at all, you have to get Emma Field by Lago. Also, Georender 1 is an incredible package, it too can be purchased via the Lago site. And last, Hurricane/Escalante are great sceneries too.Scott

scenery. They have some of the best, but I'm not sure if any of them are in the locations you're looking for.Matt

These days saying 'scenery' is not enough. Do you want mesh scenery, airports (small,large ?) or landclass/texture scenery ? These are all very different things and different vendors/developers work on these pieces. Michael J.

Guest twsimfan

I am late for bed at the moment but I will check all that out after work tomorrow and thank you individually.

Guest UweR

Agreed, I have parts 4 and 5, they are among the best shareware values you

I'll second that. :) I had Emma field, and just picked up Georender1. Flew in Ranger Station with the dreamfleet Cardinal last night. Lets just say landings are very interesting in that field, and that was with out weather involved. :-eek

Guest twsimfan

Scott,I checked out the Lago site and their products do indeed look very good. Thanks!

Guest twsimfan

Matt,Not exactly what I was looking for but they look very good. I have noted the URL for future reference. Thanks.

Guest twsimfan

Michael,"These days saying 'scenery' is not enough. Do you want mesh scenery, airports (small,large ?) or landclass/texture scenery ? These are all very different things and different vendors/developers work on these pieces."If I knew all that I would have had to ask. ;-) Seriously, what I am looking for is hi-res photo-real scenery... yes airports... but the area... not just the airports. I was hoping you folks could tell me if that means mesh or landclass/texture scenery. Thanks.

Guest twsimfan

Alastair,Thanks. That looks like a must site when I get to the UK segment of my development. One question... does this scenery just do the air fields or do they enhance the look of the overall scenery?I am originally from Tacoma, WA... I live in the Denver, CO area now... but courtesy of the US Navy I lived in London from 1974 until 1976... worked at 7 North Audley Street... hence my interest in the UK.

Guest twsimfan

Uwe,I appreciate you comments but I must admit that I do not really understand them. Does one use all these packages together? It would seem like they must overlap. I haven't really messed with FS scenery since FS95... at that time overlapping was a no no. I hate to be so dense here. Thanks.

Guest twsimfan

Heather,I saved off a copy of your other post with all that info in it. Dumb question time.1. This "Pacific Northwest ***3rd Edition*** Scenery Catalog"... is it in the AVSIM library?2. The zips you mentioned... are they located in the AVSIM library?Your comment about checking out BFU is a good one. Besides I haven't visited Peter & Naji in a long time... I'm overdue.I checked out dc3airways.com while I was at it... great site. I will have to visit it again once I get setup on the new system.Thank you!